Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21
The Wifey #1537061 07/29/08 05:05 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Kelly,

I think one that worked with her is the fact that I kept saying I'm not going to fight with you anymore. When she would say something mean. I would say stop fighting with me. If she would text something mean while we were talking. I was text stop fighting with me, or I would say that is an old arguement and fighting words. I was real consistant with that.

It is the fact that she just wants to act like she is 16 now.

Last night when she came and hung out with us. She was telling my cousins daughter secrets. Asking her who she thought the geekiest one in the room was and stuff like that. Ended up being my son.

Then she sat in the other side of the pirate room in the rocking chair. She even laid down on the floor and put a blanket it one. In the past I would always cuddle up with her. Do you know how bad I wanted to cuddle up with her. I did that almost everday during WAW still at home stage. I just don't see this getting any easier with my cousin there. Maybe it made her feel more comfortable because I wasn't going to try and smother her since our cousin is there.

Who knows... Maybe she wanted me to smother her. I never felt like you loved me. blah, blah... Which is why I just want to hold and touch her. Plus the fact that every damn thing about her drives me nuts.

Well I think it was good that she sat on the other side of the room. She kept looking over at me, kind of staring. She has done that in the past during this mess. I just try and look straight.

I wonder what she is thinking? Do I love this man? Do I want to come home? Do I want to be single? Do I want to work at this?

I just feel like she is getting more and more distant.

LostPhil #1537165 07/29/08 05:58 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Oh man do I love my insurance agent. She says I'll know what to do when the time comes. She said the speeding incident will not be known about because we are an existing customer, so nothing will be affected. Then she said we didn't have this conversation.

She said its sounds like your wife is growing up and trying to stretch her muscle. I said by acting like an idiot? She said yes a little onions(rebellion) goes a long way cooking the soup.

Whats does onions have to do rebellion?

Hmmm, Shrek said to donkey they have layers.

LostPhil #1537180 07/29/08 06:03 PM
L
OP Offline
L
OMG! It was entirely subconscious.

MUTINY! The pirate ship theme room!

Mutiny, rebellion. Who wants to be Captain?

Screw that, give me a gallon of beer and I'll swab the deck.

She uses skullduggery and has caused mutiny. The decor it isn't spite, it is part of the story. IT's A LOVE STORY!

LostPhil #1537357 07/29/08 07:19 PM
L
OP Offline
L
See, I wrote this poem in January to her during WAW still at home.

Untitled

I adore my wife or the wife no more…

I would kiss the ground she walks on…

She is my rain that makes my flowers grow…

She is the nectar the world desires to drink…

Her soul is white and pure liked refined sugar… an unblemished diamond…

She is my peace, my soul, my love… my soul mate…

She is strong, a warrior, and a queen…

She rules my world…If I could only be worthy to make her a golden throne…

Dress her in golden fleece… adorn her with pearls, gems, and diamonds…

She doesn’t need there beauty…

She is a mother beyond mothers… A protector of all children everywhere…

She is a friend to mothers and wives who need her guidance…

She is a friend to all… A Captain, she guides their ships to heaven…

She is a God fearing woman… She is a saint… Walking in fear and in prayer…

She is knowledgeable, incredible, and unpredictable…

She is frugal, cunning, and wise… Crafty, sweet, sexy, and full of surprise…

I was lucky to have her as a wife for as long as I did…

Just be lucky you had her as a friend, as I never did…

Adore her, cherish her, love her and show her…

I never did it right, make sure you don’t follow my mistakes…

She has a tongue as sharp as swords she’ll always get the last word…

Appreciate her, I never did… I ruined everything…

LostPhil #1537382 07/29/08 07:34 PM
A
A
Quote:
She said yes a little onions(rebellion) goes a long way cooking the soup.

Reminded me of something...

"A Wise Oak Was Once Just A Little Nut Who Stood His Ground"

Not really relevant here since old Phil is still too busy turning his ground into a mountain he can stand atop and preen.

It's just that the "nut" part reminded me of him... ;\)

Perhaps one day, though...

If he is meek.

Yo, Phil...

"She" went "home" last Saturday.
Not for good mind you because the bulldozer principal doesn't work here. But uninvited, unnannounced and after not speaking for 6 weeks and it turned into a 5+ hour visit with dinner, etc...

When you believe (and even when you KNOW) that your wife is wrong...YOU seek humility - for yourself.

You will be amazed at what you can see.

When you sacrifice foolish pride.

Which you still have very much of.

Phil, do you know what the Word says about knowledge?

It says that people "perish" for a lack of it.

So what do you suppose happens when you take it in...when you apply and cultivate that knowledge?

Do you suppose the opposite happens if you're in possession of "knowledge" and using it properly?

That it could bring LIFE?

Last edited by AmyC; 07/29/08 07:34 PM.
AmyC #1537431 07/29/08 07:59 PM
L
OP Offline
L
AmyC,

I do believe it is relevant. I also believe I'm standing my ground with this board. I also believe I'm being grounded with her. I'm not waivering.

I still found your post confusing. This part anyways.
Quote:
Yo, Phil...
"She" went "home" last Saturday.
Not for good mind you because the bulldozer principal doesn't work here. But uninvited, unnannounced and after not speaking for 6 weeks and it turned into a 5+ hour visit with dinner, etc...

Is that someone else's sitch? Ok lets try and confuse me more. Establish boundries. Do not show up announced! She does anyways. I let it go the first 100 times. Then she acts like an idiot. I ask her to leave, then I tell her not to show up unnannouced. Two days in a row. Wanted me to take my kids to get ice cream at 9. Then the next day she is picking up a bike.

Now he doesn't have any bikes at my house. So when he wants to ride his bike what do I do now. He took both of his bikes to his grandparents.

FLUFF! She either wants to be home or she doesn't. She told me to get a clue she isn't coming home. So the next day she comes unannounced. To dump the kids. Because they are driving her crazy. Because she doesn't know how to handle them.

She played best friend buddy with them. She screams and yells at them. They laugh at her and do what they want. They stay up too late. etc... Because she lets them. Even last night my son came to me at midnight and said he was hungry. You feed him. One it's easier than hearing the whining.

She created this mess. She wouldn't let me parent. When she asked me to parent she immediately turned it against me making me look like a bad guy.

Now I pick up my kids. I deprogram them in about the first five minutes. Then the entire evening is wonderful.

With her it would be constant chaos.

I even gave the truth about that last night. D is tired take her home. Oh these kids stay up past midnight in the summer anyway. Yes and last summer all I did all evening was yell from the other room for them to keep it down because I was studying. I asked you to get them settled down. You would scream at them be quiet Daddy is trying to study. I already had them tuned out.

Amy, Iron sharpens Iron. So a friend sharpens a friend. -Proverbs 20:17

By the way, I may sound prideful on the board, but I'm really not. Today I'm experiencing joy. Did you ever think that maybe I want to be proven wrong? So then I can say. I was wrong, and I would. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong, and I will admit that I'm wrong. Then its over. Then she'll just focus on something else.

I'm trying to think if she ever admitted to me when she was wrong. Hmmmmmmmm. Nope, can't think of one single solitary incident. I'll let her be right. She's the queen. The queen is always right. I love the queen. The queen can be wrong, but still be right.

Thank you friend.

LostPhil #1537479 07/29/08 08:24 PM
A
A
You are making a mistake trying to change the parenting dynamic while the union is in this current state.

You do your part - do it correctly - and don't rub her nose in it. And don't try to show her up or tell her what SHE does wrong. The woman can walk and talk. She can learn from your example. Which is all you are supposed to be right now.

You really have to stop focusing so much on her misdeeds and make sure you are toeing your own line. Perhaps you are not prideful in "real" life but you should examine just the same. If you come off here as prideful and you are quoting your interactions with her...how do you suppose she perceives you when in the midst of that interaction?

Phil, what you MEAN and how you mean to GET IT ACROSS is not the point, it is HOW YOU ARE PERCEIVED. And telling her, or any of us, that we are wrong doesn't do anything to fix the problem. The burden is ON YOU to convey the message in a better way.

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting get understanding" Proverbs 4:7

That was my sitch to which I referred based on a statement you made to me a while back.

Irrelevant.

Last edited by AmyC; 07/29/08 08:27 PM.
AmyC #1538685 07/30/08 02:33 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Amy,

The owl visted my yard last night. Woke me up hooting. I was like dang it, I just need to sleep. The night before was so rough with sleep. Kept thinking someone was outside my house going to throw rocks through the windows again. Dogs barking. Just when I dozed off at 4 AM my cousins little girl woke up crying for her dad. I had to get up to wake him up. I didn't want her to be scared.

Last night I went to be about 12 and feel asleep. Around 3 the owl visited. He hasn't been around for some time. He was around in the spring during WAW still at home stage and he left. I prayed that he would leave in the spring. Because it would freak me out.

Last night though I felt calm that he was there hooting softly. The owl of wisdom. Seems like a coincendance from what your talks are about. I don't believe in the pagan ideology of the owl, but it was interesting.

I'm a little bit distraught about last night. I missed a call from her on my cell. No voice mail. Was it the kids? What did she want? She didn't try the house. No texts sent. I didn't call back. Now will she throw it in my face that I didn't try and contact the kids. Did she even have the kids? What was weird was that my cousin was driving me nuts asking me where I was at. Was she contacting him? Those two used to talk. Now that he is at my house. I do believe it is a little too close for comfort. I told him not to try and track me down if I'm not home. I don't answer to him. I didn't have my kids. Nothing more than I hate is a text asking me where r u? Are you home? etc... I don't like providing this information. Because in the past I have tried to hook up with him to do things and it was always I have to do this or that. Even now he runs over his house does things and brings the kids over.

Looks like she zapped back up to the mother ship again.

LostPhil #1538980 07/30/08 05:42 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Why am I having such a rough time today? I feel so overwhelmed. School, work, home life.

LostPhil #1539019 07/30/08 06:05 PM
A
A
Set a schedule regarding the kids, Phil.

Otherwise you will stay frazzled and that is the work of the enemy because it keeps you from hearing the voice of God and experiencing His works/guidance in your life. The enemy is working through your wife and wearing you down because it YOU that stands in his way of destroying your family unit. The only way to win is for you to rest and refire. If you want to do THAT, make HIM your priority.

Then everything else will follow.
It has no choice.

Because when you are strong enough in the proper areas and humbled in the others, you're going to claim it with the Power that nothing can stand up against. It'll try. But it will never win.

Page 5 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 20 21

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard