Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
W
OP Offline
W
Well, I took the kids and STBX off to the airport this morning. Before they boarded we stopped at the airport coffee shop and got coffee and snacks. One of the servers asked "is this separate?" and the other server looked at us, smiled and said "No, they're a family". Wow, a tearjerker moment there for me! I held back, and thought how wonderful it is for others to look at us and still think "family"! We sat and talked about previous trips to China "do you remember this?" or "I remember when we...", it was really nice. Afterwards I walked them to the boarding area and youngest burst into tears, I held her, told her I'd miss her too, and that we'll be back together in three short weeks. I kissed the oldest and hugged her and then took STBX's head in my hands and gave her a kiss on the forhead. I wished her a great trip and asked her to give my love to her family. It was all worth the $16.00 for parking I then drove directly to work arriving just on time.
Now I can get back to cultivating the plant life around here! Plastic plants?...WTH! Are they blow up?

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
I went to a movie yesterday, Journey to the Center of the Earth! A huge pile of cow dung, don't go! Script was stilted and predictable, take your kid if he or she is under 8! The upside is that I only paid 6.99.
I phoned my family tonight in China as I hadn't heard from them and was getting anxious. D said they'd phoned but couldn't get through so she sent me an email, I of course, had not checked my emails today. I slept really badly last night, whenever I put the fan on it messes with my sleep. So I was kind of worrying about my family all day and then started to get anxious about my maybe date next Saturday night. I started thinking maybe I'm not ready to go out with someone, what if... well, no need to go through the silly list, I'm sure you can all guess the multitude of incredible disasters I could come up with. What an incredible waste of time! I don't think I've slept well since the kids left. It's somehow weird to feel so alone right now, it's an adjustment. When I'm feeling tired and a bit worn down the old anxiety bug can bite away. I went for a run this afternoon hoping this would help put me back on an even keel. I also went to both the church services today, met and chatted with two new people. So, it's now time for me to hit the sack, do a little reading and pass out. I hope that now that I've talked to the kids I'll sleep better. Goodnight Dbers.

A
A
Good Night there wii !

Tom

T
T
Sleep well!

Trip #1516938 07/14/08 04:04 AM
R
R
wii-
Glad to hear you were able to talk to the kids. Might be worth it to do daily emails with them, to feel more connected?

Hope the sleep has been better...

BethM #1517455 07/14/08 04:18 PM
T
T
Originally Posted By: BethM
OK so what do you guys think about this. I had a guy ask me today why if women aren't interested do they act as if they are yet give out the wrong phone number.

Personally, I had never heard of anyone doing this but he says that it's happened to him a couple of times and he's a really nice guy.

They are just trying to get free drinks?

Trip #1518069 07/14/08 10:20 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Well, I had an unexpected encounter with Plant Lady today. I was passing by her office and noticed the door open and she's usually not around today. I stopped in to say Hi, how are you, how was your weekend blah blah and was met with short, polite answers and alot of dead air, so I moved on. When I got back to my office I realized that this person is not going to get back to me, she's gonna take the easy way out and avoid me for the week. I think four days to think about it might have resulted some remark like "what time is this service on Saturday night?" or "where do you want to meet" or even "sorry, can't make it" but there was no reference to it at all. So, I'll leave it to her to catch me, I won't be dropping by in hopes of getting an answer. I'll just accept it ain't happening and move along. Hey, I could be wrong here but that's the feeling I got from today's encounter, it's the Petite Coffee Buddy approach...avoid at all costs. Sorry Plant Lady but I've been trained by a real pro, avoid away! I just can't fathom why it seems a better option to avoid, make the guy feel like crap and probably yourself too rather than just say "thanks but no thanks"? I have greatly respected women who have said "you're a nice guy but..." I've also had some real weird ones in the past, my favourites are "sure I'll go, catch me later in the week and we'll work out the details" and guess what, they can't be found later in the week! Got fooled on that one twice! I actually did find one of them and she said "sit here, I'll be right back" at a table with all her friends and then didn't come back! Fun...wow! Ah, the memories! Oh well, off to make dinner and maybe, just maybe take out the recycle.
Later Dbers.

A
A
Jeez sorry about that wii..

what a bunch of compost !!

Tom

W
OP Offline
W
Hey, there is good stuff here too, Tom! I remember the first time I took out the woman who became my W. After a nice evening at a Greek restaurant was over I asked her if she'd like to catch a movie the next week (oops, I was being too available!), she said "sure, just call me" so I did, and guess what, she never returned my call. So after a few months of her avoiding me at work (hmm there seems to be a life long pattern here) I called her and said "I realize that there is some tension between you and I and I would like to get together and see if we can deal with it like adults" and she went for it, after that we started dating and ended up married. Oh yeah, I guess that really isn't the good stuff, is it! Just trying to stay positive here.

W
OP Offline
W
Oh and here is the best one of all! I asked a woman out to a baseball game (she liked baseball) and she said "Yes" so when I approached her to work out the details I overheard her talking to her girlfriend about a party they were going to on the night she and I had planned to go to the game. When I questioned this apparent scheduling issue she replied "Oh, I guess I just forgot" Wow, did I feel special! So, I gave up on her and a month or so later she offered me a ride somewhere and in the car said " We never did get to that baseball game, it was my fault and I want to apologize. Could we try again sometime?" I was quite impressed that she would make such an admission and request, it took courage so I stupidly called her again. "Oh, sorry, I'm planning to redecorate my bedroom next weekend" and that was it, no "how about the next weekend" or anything, so I said "see ya!" and that was that. Ah, love is such a splendid thing...no wonder people get married so they don't have to deal with it anymore! Enough of memory lane, it kinda sucks, doesn't it!

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard