Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
W
OP Offline
W
Hey, maybe she'll let me change her topsoil...would that be a good thing?
OK, what are the odds that she doesn't get back to me at all? My experience with women, as limited as that may be, tells me it's about 50/50 and that's being pretty darn optimistic! I really hope that if she doesn't want to she will just say so, I would respect that greatly. But, in all honesty, I didn't pick up any discomfort on her part and really walked away feeling that she genuinely had to think about it. Although, we don't work for the same department and we don't share clients etc, we still have contact and know all the same people. She's been pretty uptight about interacting with me around others but is way personable when we're alone in her office. So, I'll wait and see, if she doesn't get back to me I will let it go and lessen my little office visits. If she says OK, we'll go from there. She was telling me how she missed her church back home because the church she goes to now is "so family oriented that if you are single you can feel pretty left out and lonely" I thought I'd step up and fill that lonely void in her life. I presented it as an opportunity for us to go out and have some fun together as the Saturday service is lively, fun and casual. We'll just "plant" ourselves in a pew and photosynthesize!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Did I ever tell you folks about a friend of mine who had this bizarre theory about dating? If so, you'll hear it again! He said that he expected to be rejected 9 out of 10 times, so every time he was rejected he felt excited because that meant he was one closer to that magic number 10, who was gonna say "yes". He'd even ask out women he knew would say "no" just to get that much closer to that big score that he knew was just around the corner! I always thought he was kind of nuts but, in hindsight, I guess it's all about attitude, isn't it... and how to turn your losses into gains.
Well, time to hit the sack as 4:00 am comes early. Gotta drive the family to the airport. Goodnite Dbers.

S
S
Quote:
Hey, maybe she'll let me change her topsoil...would that be a good thing?

A lot better than if she wants you to change her bottomsoil

Work R's can be complex WII, I am sure she is simply thinking it through before saying yes.........

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

N
N
Originally Posted By: whatisis
Did I ever tell you folks about a friend of mine who had this bizarre theory about dating? If so, you'll hear it again! He said that he expected to be rejected 9 out of 10 times, so every time he was rejected he felt excited because that meant he was one closer to that magic number 10, who was gonna say "yes". He'd even ask out women he knew would say "no" just to get that much closer to that big score that he knew was just around the corner! I always thought he was kind of nuts but, in hindsight, I guess it's all about attitude, isn't it... and how to turn your losses into gains.
Well, time to hit the sack as 4:00 am comes early. Gotta drive the family to the airport. Goodnite Dbers.

whatisis,

I have heard that about sales people as well........

The dating arena is interesting...... One can just about always find someone who is attracted to you.... It is just a matter of time....... The funny thing is you sometimes do approach that woman you think will say "no" and she ends up digging you BIG time.....

I heard a very wise man say the best advise his father gave him was... "Son, it NEVER hurts to ask." I have applied that tidbit of wisdom to so many areas...... And I am surprised over and over again!

Take Care,

NMD

"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last --more than passion or even sex!" - Simone Signoret
W
OP Offline
W
Last call! I hope I don't sound disheartened because I'm not. I'm quite pleased that I reached out and took a chance. If it's not be, that's cool. Yet, it would be really nice to be able to go out, away from the office, and actually get to know each other. Time will tell!
OK, this time I'm really going to bed!

OK so what do you guys think about this. I had a guy ask me today why if women aren't interested do they act as if they are yet give out the wrong phone number.

Personally, I had never heard of anyone doing this but he says that it's happened to him a couple of times and he's a really nice guy.

BethM #1513500 07/11/08 01:39 AM
R
R
Maybe because he is nice, they don't want to hurt his feelings--to his face. I think it is spineless.

Oh, and btw, boys, how is it that "your kind" can turn ANYthing into sex? Even dirt. It never ceases to amaze me. ;\)

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: Donna...Found
Maybe because he is nice, they don't want to hurt his feelings--to his face. I think it is spineless.

Oh, and btw, boys, how is it that "your kind" can turn ANYthing into sex? Even dirt. It never ceases to amaze me. ;\)

We were talking about sex? Hey, how come nobody told ME!
OK, really...I'm going to bed.

Oh go to bed already. What good are you anyway? OOPS sorry.....I feel like I've heard that somewhere before. Oh right it was from the ex!

BethM #1514395 07/11/08 05:39 PM
A
A
Now this is exactly the reason some people continue to decorate their homes with artificial plants jsyk.. geez !

Tom

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard