Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: attorneytom
I am really trying to equate.. no.. convalesce.. reconcile.. something. .. this is hard..

between the church services.. orifices.. and the book of the month club here.. hmm.. Must go back to tomcave.

Tom

Yes, the world of Whatis is a wacky place indeed!
Hey, Possibility Lady showed up for bible study this morning (her first time) walked over, put her hand on my shoulder as she passed, sat down beside me and said "Whatis, your two girls are beautiful" Old Whatis sure liked where this was going! After the class we stood and talked in the foyer, another person then joined us and finally PL said she was going to go into the service so I said "see you later". I didn't want to be too intrustive by saying "would you like some company" so I went to my normal seat. Keep them wanting more! Nice lady, I liked her. She stays on the list.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
F
F
wii,

Same experiences with my W. If you volunteered to take them to the airport, you would have been wrong, and if you didn't volunteer, you would be...... (hands on buzzers).....WRONG! It really is wack a mole.

FLTC #1507354 07/07/08 02:25 AM
W
OP Offline
W
We just smile and wave, FLTC. What else can you do with such craziness!
Hey Dbers, I need some info on church etiquette! When I was a Heathen we never had churches so I didn't have to know any of this stuff, we just had to feel superior to all the Christian morons, that was it! Pretty simple stuff, right? OK, so now I'm on foreign turf here and don't know the rules, so if I sit with a single woman at church is that making some kind of statement? I sure don't want to shut down the possiblities list by being seen as "taken" and, in reality, I don't want to be too available either because I'm in no place to be anything to anyone right now. I just wanna enjoy the ride for a bit. What are the rules? HELP!!!! I really messed up on the male/female parent fraternization rules in the "Waiting For Your Kids Rule Book" awhile back with Coffee Buddy, I can't afford any more screw ups (especially when God's watching)! Do I avoid all Pew contact?

W
OP Offline
W
Now just to show you how serious I am, I saw a single fellow at church tonight making his rounds with the ladies and they were scattering like cockroaches when the lights go on! I don't wanna be him

G
G
Thanks Wii.
By the way, I'll be "invading" yours next weekend with Ms $3M.

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: Goinbatty
Thanks Wii.
By the way, I'll be "invading" yours next weekend with Ms $3M.

Remember the War of 1812, that "invasion" didn't go so well for you guys...but visits are still welcome!

FLTC #1508851 07/08/08 02:41 AM
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: FLTC
wii,

Same experiences with my W. If you volunteered to take them to the airport, you would have been wrong, and if you didn't volunteer, you would be...... (hands on buzzers).....WRONG! It really is wack a mole.

Just thinkin' out loud here FLTC but actually it is quite freeing to know that everything you do will be wrong! You don't have to worry about doing the right thing because it will ALWAYS be the wrong thing. Look at all the energy we save for other more worthwhile things...like therapy!
Hey Tom, isn't it the big Mahogany Rush concert in Cleveland this weekend? Are you gonna sneak Muriel in, what if they frisk ya? "Hey, check out what this guy has in his pocket. Were you gonna snort this"? Leave her at home... in the ashtray. But most importantly, don't make her the designated driver. Just my 2 cents.

W
OP Offline
W
OK, here is my list of all the good things about being alone:

1) I can flirt with whoever I want
2) I don't have to phone someone every single night to show I care
3) I don't have to talk about my feelings (but then again, she never really cared much about my feelings)
4) I don't have to listen to her talk about her feelings... and talk about her feelings... and talk about her feelings....
5) "I want to talk about our R" is nothing but a distant nightmare but one that other guys have to live, not me!
6) I can do the dishes any time I damn well please
7) Mind reading is on the psychic channel only and I can turn that sucker off!
8) My underwear is on the friggin bedroom floor just because I want it there
9) I can wash the boat cover with the delicates any time I want
10) I can drive the ex to the airport and put her on a plane leaving the country!
It's all good folks.

A
A
Yes.. of course the concert is next or .. um .. this tuesday eh ?

Here is my "Top Ten"

1. I can be with whomever I want.
2.I keep the phone off the hook most nights.
3.I talk to myself about my feelings.. and this is a dialogue(is that the CDN sp ?).. I forget..anyway..
4. I listen to me.. damn it !
5. My nightmares now involve giant spiders !.. instead of the other.
6.I do the dishes 4 times a day.. or atleast it seems that way.
7. I will leave this blank and hope you can channel it.
8.My boys now wear and or steal my underwear.. um see #6..uh oh.
9.That would be laundry.. I think !
10. I think I have laundry to do.. must check it ..

Tom

T
T
I'd say the rule is there is no rule. Besides, aren't you going to church for another reason other than worrying about how things may appear by sitting beside single women or not.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard