C
oh my!! lol, here we go

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
OP Offline
Just when I thought I had ONE thread that would survive through to being closed, without being tarnished. humph!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
All Things (Back from Spain!)...18
K
K
C2
I'm sorry about your house sit. I know you were prepared, but still.

Wherever you live though will be a home for you and the kids, do you plan on staying close?
Ya know we have some nice places out here, me and you could parrrrtyyyy hehehee
ok ok prolly a bit far from your neck of the woods, what with
our traffic and all.

yea too bad about the Lakers eh?? Saw the last 10 mins at a pub we slipped into after shopping. Darn!!! thats ok, Sunday will be a different story! ( I hope!)

Have a nice weekend and a great time at Grad! Congrats to your son!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

K
K
C2
I'm sorry about your house sit. I know you were prepared, but still.

Wherever you live though will be a home for you and the kids, do you plan on staying close?
Ya know we have some nice places out here, me and you could parrrrtyyyy hehehee
ok ok prolly a bit far from your neck of the woods, what with
our traffic and all.

yea too bad about the Lakers eh?? Saw the last 10 mins at a pub we slipped into after shopping. Darn!!! thats ok, Sunday will be a different story! ( I hope!)

Have a nice weekend and a great time at Grad! Congrats to your son!

This Moment is your Life

K
K
Figgied

This Moment is your Life

L
L
Originally Posted By: Committed2Him
"...orange thong" and chaps? Need I say more? (Don't go mentioning my flashing butt light, THAT is a safety precaution!)

OMG!!!! I sooooo did not need that visual just before bed... kinky nightmares ahead...

C2, sorry about the house... that really bites! But you are absolutely right, you can't take assets with you when you go. I have a feeling tho that you are storing up immeasurable treasures in heaven tho.

Praying for a smooth encounter, if it happens, between the families at the grad. ceremony. Hopefully everyone will realize this day is about your son.... not their individual feeling for one another.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
W
W
C2H, Sorry about your house. I think your idea that it's God's way of cutting the last ties might be correct.

Way to turn a negative into a positive!!!

Thanks for the help you gave on my thread. ;\)

OP Offline
Karen,

Thanks for the invite to your hood, I think we would cause way too many problems being so close together! As for the Laker game, let's see what's up come Sunday. I think this thing is going down to the wire and it is going to be anybody's series. Lots of fun for the NBA fan.

Lnf,

sorry about the visuals. You know we are talking about my bicycle light that I use at night, thus the butt light tag. Thanks for the prayers about the house and the graduation on Sunday. I have seen too many good things happen from simply trusting God when it makes no sense to do so. I have a peace about it and I have learned a lot about being humble (and God is always teaching me more lessons every day). I am not a man who requires much but we'll see how it works out.

As for the treasures in Heaven, I don't think I can be swayed from continuing in my service to the Lord so I think I will continue storing them up through the course of regular service to Him. It is not that I think about doing something on earth to get something in Heaven, I just love God sooo much for what He has done in my life that I want to serve Him and I want to love people who don't know Him the way I do.

Whitelight,

It is my pleasure to lend a helping hand whenever I get the chance. Wonderful people on this thread reached out to me when I first returned to the board, when I needed it the most and I am ever so thankful for those efforts.

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline
Shepherd's School

Every other month the pastor has a gathering for anyone who serves in ministry. Like any group, it is usually the same people and a church is not really any different in that regrar. These are the people who want to give to God by giving the most valuable thing they have, their time.

It was a very special evening filled with deep heartfelt praise and worship of the Lord, a message from the pastor sharing things about the ministry he feels he should share with the people who pour their lives into the church. The chuch is large enough that there are many people I have known for years but don't get to see often enough and this was a great time to visit with some or at least give a great big hug to.

Early this morning, I had my men's group over and it was a great blessing to all who came. In a short while, my son will come over while Mom and Mr. X go out for the night which is just fine with me. I love this boy who is now about to become a h.s. student. (Of course, his sister will be entering her senior year of h.s. \:\( I know you all know it is a bit sad to see them grow up and move on as young adults. sigh.

Bless you each!!!

Committed2Him- "C2H"
OP Offline
How many of us have known "The Lord's Prayer" since we were children?

At last week at the men's conference, one of the pastor's said, "If the disciples were advised to use this prayer as a model of how to pray, how many of us do so on a daily basis?" I was NOT one of the few who raised their hand. Since then, every morning, before I get out of bed and my feet touch the floor, I have sought to pray the prayer but not as a "vain repetition" that the bible warns about in Matthew 6:7 Instead, I have sought to get at the meaning of each line and pray with that meaning in mind.

I prayed the prayed a variation of the prayer this morning, with my son's graduation in mind, petitioning that the encounter between my dad, X and Mr. X in mind would go well. As I prayed, my eyes were again opened to the reverence and awe I need to have for the God of the universe. This awareness led me to share these thoughts with whomever happens to read them.

At the bottom of the post, there is a link to a wonderful video of a two year old citing the prayer. Enjoy the child's innocence and sweetness as she sings "The Lord's Prayer."

Below you will find what my prayer, following the "model," might sound like:

Quote:

Our Father, who art in heaven,

My Lord, Creator, God who is in heaven, waiting for me the moment I depart from this earth

hallowed be thy name.

Precious, sacred, holy and worthy of reverence is Your name

Thy Kingdom come,

I wait, long and desire for Your reign to come

thy will be done,

I am yours, show me Your will. I will accept your will your actions for my life and desire to be used to love those around me, to do your will for those you place in my path.

on earth as it is in heaven

today, tomorrow and all the days of my life on earth as well as for eternity

Give us this day our daily bread.

Lord, I humbly ask that you provide for my needs and the needs of those I see and come into contact with today. Let me focus on today and be anxious not about tomorrow.

And forgive us our trespasses,

Please for give me for any sin I have committed against anyone, any thought or action which separates me from you

as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Lord help me to remain in a spirit of forgiveness to X and Mr. X and I pray for them now that they have their own relationship with you and that they be forgiven in your eyes

And lead us not into temptation,

Please, please put your hedged of protection around me, my loved ones and my friends against the lying deceiving enemy. Provide a way of escape when the tempter does confront me with anything that will separate me from you

but deliver us from evil.

My Lord, please continue to rescue me in my times of distress, anguish or distress as You ALWAYS have.

For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever and ever.

Your are the eternal, all powerful, merciful, benevolent God of the universe, worthy of all my praise, my total adoration and my absolute obedience.

Amen

Amen!

"The Lord's Prayer" as sung by a two year old. \:\)

Quote:
But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

May each of you have a blessed day. \:\)

(p.s. With all the prayers of many for today's graduation, I anticipate returning with a "Praise Report" on what God is going to do. I approach the day with positive expectation rather than fear. For me fear is a lack of trust that my Father in Heaven knows all and will only allow those things in my life that will ultimately work out so that He receives the glory and praise, for He is good.)

Committed2Him- "C2H"
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard