Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
T
T
Yay, Mrs. H! That is so good to hear! Yes, it is definitely time for you to play hardball.

Wow....I wish the laws were the same in Texas. Here, H can get a divorce whether I want it or not---I have absolutely no choice in the matter.

Have you decided which L you will hire? I have started calling around, but all the new L's I talk to want a big, fat retainer. They hear the word "doctor" and think I must be rolling in dough. SOOOO not the case. Yeah, he's making a GP doctor's salary, but he's only giving me enough of it to barely live on! How is that fair?

<sigh>

And I know he's got more dough than he claims, as now he wants to put the house on the market and suddenly has enough to make all the necessary repairs.

Such a J.A. .....mutter, mutter, grumble......

But I am so glad for you. You sound strong today.

Me:40, xH:41
M:19 T:21
D14, S10, D6
IDLYA bomb:12/22/06
OW bomb (21 yr. old employee):12/23/06
H move out 2/07, OW move in 5/07
D papers served 6/07
D final Nov. 26, 08 :-(
W
W
Way to go MrsH!!!!!

BATTER UP !!!

But you already know you need to put your spew proof suit on cause he is going to absolutely explode ... eewwwwwww.

M
M
YIPEEE...it sounds like you got good news (well...as good as the situation warrants!)

You sound stronger and more confident about the whole ordeal. Stay this way MrsH..the ball is in your court. I can't wait to hear how JA is going to prove his case. He is going to have to admit to adultery.

I have a feeling he is going to let you move. I do agree that it is better for you to stay married for financial reasons...however; you still need to move on with your life.

You have done a remarkable job standing for your marriage but I think you now have to put yourself and your needs first.

M
M
YOU GO GIRL!!!! This sounds like it's moving forward well for you!

Y
Y
MrsH

I am so glad to hear this!!!!!!!! Get ready tooooooooo RUMBLE!!!!!! Get that control back!! You are on the right track now!!

Y

M
MissH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
TP, both lawyers basically said the same thing, but my father and I agreed, we think the other L will be better for me. Sorry your Dr. JA is well.....a jackass too!

W2S, yes, I am expecting plenty o'spew from the ole JA.

Mom,
Quote:
He is going to have to admit to adultery.
That's only if I counter claim. If I don't counter claim then he has to prove his grounds but this L said today, that the minute she here's that he had a girlfriend all along then she is not going to grant the divorce on his grounds. So unless we go with my ground, he can't get divorced. I will only grant him a divorce if he agrees to let me move. Yes, I AM BLACKMAILING! ;\) The judge thought I was being vindictive? She hasn't see how vindictive I can be!

Thanks Dar! I asked the L today "So this ball is more in my court than I realized, huh?" He said "oh yes, definetly."

However he said that the judge is not going to let me move, so the only way that's going to happen is if I give him an ultimatum about the divorce.

Me:35, ex: 36
Sons: 9 & 7
Bomb: July, 2006
Divorced 2009
M
MissH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks YR, I just hope things ARE going the right way for me now.

Divorced 2009
M
M
who said a little blackmail isn't healthy?? I heard it is just what the JA ordered!

He has no clue what he is in for...finally the control is with you! So when does all this spew hit the fan? If I understand it correctly you are going with the first L? Not the one you met with today..

M
M
When does JA learn that you're withdrawing the agreement to D?

M
MissH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yes, the first lawyer. They both know of each other and both of them said that they think either one of them would do a good job. They both seem to think and work alike also. So it more comes down to the personality. I think the other L is easier to deal with. She happens to be a better listener and doesn't cut you off when you are talking, where this one today did.

Divorced 2009
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard