Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
OP Offline
R
JACK!

It's always good to see your smiling face around. Oh I remember back when I was a blubbering ijiot running around. And you managed to help me reign it in.

Yes, it's better with time. I am so much better now than I was a year ago. Better than yesterday too. And yeah no one wants to hear that it's better with time. Mainly cause you can't control time.

Hey, and guess what? My family and I are going to HI in the fall. I haven't been home to visit my family for the holidays since 10 years ago. So, it's time. I am stoked!

I hope all is well with you. And the mrs. is good too? I wish you so many good things. ;\) I hope to hear from you soon...again.

RU

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
- David Viscott

J
J
Well per request...my sitch is in my signature.

Doing well.

Today is usually better than yesterday. But even the bad today's are better than the ones a year ago, and lightyears better than the ones two or three years ago.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

D
D
Jack,

I noticed your signature change also. I was hoping it wasn't because something had changed at home. Unless it was for the better!!!

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
Red,

I live in the Boston area. I know cold.

Quote:
Change is hard

One of the counselors I saw told me one day, "you were a certain way for a long time, you will take a long time to change." It was true. Part of change is making changes and then deciding that some changes are not worth making. One of the things I tried to do is visualize times that I liked me or liked what I was doing. It wasn't that I tried to go back to an earlier time, but rather tried to figure a way to incorporate the likes into my current person. Another thing I did was to think of interactions with people and situations in which I like the way I acted.

Take care. Good luck with your positive changes.

IMP

R
OP Offline
R
Jack,

Thanks for the update.

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. Really happy.

I agree, the bad "today's" are way better than the today's of 2 years ago. I don't have that sinking feeling that things aren't going to get better. Or the dread of having to drag my sorry butt out of bed to get to work.

The thing that makes it all worthwhile is that the kids are okay. They both seem to be pretty content and happy. That alone makes me a happy Mom.

RU

- David Viscott

R
OP Offline
R
IMP,

I hate the cold. Course then again, why do I live in MN???? LOL I hate the winter, and driving in snow. Of course ice is worse.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It helps. Sometimes I wonder if I am doing the right thing. Or if I'm still in the same spot.

It's crazy to think of where I was 2 years ago, and here I am. Still in 1 piece, and still breathing.

RU

- David Viscott

R
OP Offline
R
It's been 10 years today since my H and I married. No big plans for today.

We are going to go "away" with the kids for the weekend. We planned a weekend at a local hotel to spend some time together. Playing at the pool, relaxing at the room and window shopping. Nothing fancy. \:\) Just the way I like it.

Besides with the way fuel costs are, and cost of living going up...who can afford to do anything "fancy" these days anyway????

In any case, I'm looking forward to this weekend.

RU

- David Viscott

L
L
Hey Twisted.

Nice to see you Sugar.

Happy Anniversary.

I think what you have planned is wonderful.

Time together, is better than fancy.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
R
OP Offline
R
Hey Lissie!

How are you sweetie?

Thank you so much for the sweet words. I appreciate it.

I'm looking forward to it. The kids don't know yet, so it's going to be a nice surprise for them. It's been a while since we've been able to get away and relax. Work, work, work! And no play....

Take care sweetie! ((((hugs))))

RU

- David Viscott

J
J
ha ha...

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard