Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: RealJourney
mea, I do remember your story ( I posted on the SSM as inherjourney, but I lurked on MLC all the time, trying to put the pieces together in my marriage). I am soooo happy to read not just a survival story, but that you are thriving. Thank you for taking the time to come back here and update. And HB!

Yes! I remember!! \:D

I hope your well?

Im survivng and thriving, ducking and diving!! haha

R
R
Yes, I am doing fine!!!

You know the reason why my H didn't want to have sex with me ???
1. He wanted to work on our emotional connection
2. He was suffering from some serious medical illness
3. He was having an affair

Hmmmm, I wonder who here can answer this one????

M
OP Offline
M
Yes, I am doing fine!!!

You know the reason why my H didn't want to have sex with me ???
1. He wanted to work on our emotional connection
2. He was suffering from some serious medical illness
3. He was having an affair

Hmmmm, I wonder who here can answer this one????

Maybe all three? ;\)

He was having an affair, and because he was too busy being "emotional" with another woman, he failed to make the "connection" between that and the itchy rash he suddenly had, because she had given him a "medical condition"! \:D

Im glad your fine, life does go on, and get better, even though in the beginning it seems we,ll never get there. \:\)

B
B
You sound Mahhhhhhvelous!!!!!
I have missed your postings, they really used to make me laugh.

I am so happy for you!!!

((((((Faith))))))

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
R
R
LOL, Mea. The #1 thing I have learned is that as much as I wanted to understand my H and restore the marriage, I had to prevent myself from getting sucked into his drama. It is an amazing feeling to know you can get through the awful parts of life without compromising your integrity. There is no substitute, and I do feel compassion for MLCers because they are so busy trying to escape on some level, that they are blinded to this simple truth.

Life is good!!!

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: brandnewday
You sound Mahhhhhhvelous!!!!!
I have missed your postings, they really used to make me laugh.

I am so happy for you!!!

((((((Faith))))))

Faith!!! How are you? \:D (I love your new name)

Mahhhhhhhvelous!!!

Thanks for being happy for me, I got there in the end, didnt I?

I know I was one of the worst DBers ever, I was never any good at being serene and patient, haha, but I did it my way, as Frank Sinatra said. And I guess some newer members would think "well, she didnt save her marriage, so shes not a success story", but you know what? I do FEEL Im a success story. Im happy, I have a fun life, and the respect of my kids. I enjoy my life. I still have my gorgeous dogs, Im fitter than Ive been for years, and, the best thing of all, my eldest Daughter is well, and alive, and fully recovered. Now THAT is a success story!! \:\)

mea xx

M
OP Offline
M
LOL, Mea. The #1 thing I have learned is that as much as I wanted to understand my H and restore the marriage, I had to prevent myself from getting sucked into his drama. It is an amazing feeling to know you can get through the awful parts of life without compromising your integrity. There is no substitute, and I do feel compassion for MLCers because they are so busy trying to escape on some level, that they are blinded to this simple truth.

Life is good!!!

Amen to that!!! Theres nothing I can add to that, it says it all! \:\)

M
OP Offline
M
I posted this a few years ago, but itr might still come in handy for some?

;)Just insert your chosen name into the blanks!!

DUMP A MAN FORM
Dear _______________,
I regret to inform you that you have been eliminated from further contention as Mr. Right. As you are probably aware, the competition was exceedingly tough and dozens of well-qualified candidates such as yourself also failed to make the final cut.
I will, however, keep your name on file should an opening come available. So that you may find better success in your future romantic endeavours, please allow me to offer the following reason(s) you were disqualified from the competition: (Check those that apply)
1. ___Your last name is objectionable. I can't imagine taking it, hyphenating it, or subjecting my children to it.

2. ___Your first name is objectionable. It's just not something I can picture myself yelling out in a fit of passion.

3. ___The fact that our first dining experience to date has left MY wallet a little lighter, and YOUR pants a little tighter!

4. ___Your inadvertent admission that you "buy condoms by the truckload" indicates that you may be interested in me for something other than my personality.

5. ___You failed the 20 Question Rule, i.e., I asked you 20 questions about yourself before you asked me more than one about myself.
6. ___Your constant emailing, shows me you have TOO much time on your hands!
7. ___Your legs are skinnier than mine. If you can FIT into my pants, then you can't GET into my pants.
8. ___You're too short. Any son that we produced would inevitably be beaten up repeatedly at recess.
9. ___You're too tall. I'm developing a chronic neck condition from trying to kiss you.
10. ___You have a hairy back.
11. ___I find your inability to fix my car extraordinarily unappealing.
12. ___The fact that your apartment has been condemned reveals an inherent slovenliness that I fear is unbreakable.
13. ___The phrase "My Mother" has popped up far too often in conversation.
14. ___You still live with your parents.
15. ___Although I do enjoy the X-Files, I find your wardrobe of Star Trek uniforms a little disconcerting.
16. ___Your frequent references to your ex-girlfriend lead me to suspect that you are some sort of psychotic stalker.
17. ___Your ability to belch the alphabet is not a trait that I am seeking in a long term partner.
18. ___Your height is out of proportion to your weight. If you should, however, happen to gain the necessary 17 vertical inches, please resubmit your application.
19. ___Somehow I doubt those condoms that I found in your overnight bag were really necessary for a successful business trip.
20. ___ I find the fact that you can drink more alcohol in one sitting than a platoon of military men totally unacceptable and unattractive. (besides the lampshade is really not becoming)
21. ___I am out of your league; set your sights lower next time.
Sincerely, _________________________________

Mea

(and my old signiture...till I think of a new one
My ex-Husband bought me a mood ring so he could monitor my moods. When Im in a good mood it turns green. When Im in a bad mood it leaves a big red mark on his forehead. Maybe next time the B****** will buy me a diamond.

E
E
That questionaire is very funny but I really like your signature line!

E

"Sometimes in the winds of change, we find our true direction"

Being the calmness in the storm......
L
L
Aww Mea you sound great.

Thank so much for bringing back some fun mamma.

Here is to a very bright future.

The Limo, was just priceless.

You are very loved

Lissett

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard