Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
J
J
Frank and COG....thank-you for the reminders / pep talk. Every so often, it feels good to be reminded.

Craig, sorry for the temporary hijack.

C
craig54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
JOHN, NO PROBLEM. IF IT HELPS DO IT ANYTIME.

m-54
w-44
children-4
bomb-sept 21 2007
t-21
m-20yrs
bomb-sept 23 2007 divorced but not giving up hope, not yethttp://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...rue#post1224023
C
craig54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
cog, i was at bible study the other night and we were discussing ephesians 5, about how the spiritual family is suppose to be. one of the brothers was saying how his marriage was backwards for many years, because he let his wife basically control what he should have been doing as the spiritual leader of his family. i went whoaaa!!!. Lord that is why my wife was not attracted to me. because i was the spiritual wimp. i got it, right then and there. she wants a husband that is loving control.loving his wife as Christ loves the church. she got tired of being in control. what a realization. i praise God for opening my eyes.

m-54
w-44
children-4
bomb-sept 21 2007
t-21
m-20yrs
bomb-sept 23 2007 divorced but not giving up hope, not yethttp://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...rue#post1224023
C
craig54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
cog, i have my answer to my question on filing or not filing. based on information i checked into. since her paper work stipulated that everything would be in the settlement agreement, i would not have to file the response. which of course, base on what she has been doing or not doing, will delay the whold process. praise the Lord.!!!! gives me more time to work on myself, and see how see reacts to those changes. in Gods timing.

m-54
w-44
children-4
bomb-sept 21 2007
t-21
m-20yrs
S
S
Craig -

Did you check with a lawyer that you dont have to file a response? Did her D petition have language that talked about a default judgement? I just dont want to see you run into problems due to some technical thing. It sounds good that your W is starting to change for the better! Keep up the good work.

In my case, we told the mediator that W had not filed a response within 30 days and we were concerned that some default judgement might come from the county. The mediator said that she would send a letter to both L's to stand down and that since we were trying to mediate a settlement that the court wont care that there was a pending petition requiring a response. Since the mediator meeting, it appears that my W wants to have a lot of time to think about whether a D is the right way to go. I think right now that my M has a very good chance of surviving with some hard work ahead for both of us.

C
craig54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
kerry, original paper work from with states that everything will be settled by settlement agreement. there is no need for me to file a response due to that fact. nothing can be done until we submit and sign the agreement. everything, kids, money, house, poessions, all will be determined by agreement. if she had not put in the stipulation that there would be a settlement agreement, i would have filed the response. this in an uncontested divorce. i also prayed about it. i concluded, if i filed response, and served my wife, it would only possibly push things forward. because she has not really attempted to anything concerning the divorce for along time.i dont need to aggravate the situation. things are pretty smooth around the house.

i try to take each day, one day at a time. i have no control on what wife does. i have changed, and she is changing due to my changes. praise God.

m-54
w-44
children-4
bomb-sept 21 2007
t-21
m-20yrs
T
T
Craig

Glad to hear that things are "smooth around the house", and I will pray that they will build from there. The Lord is our everpresent strength.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose
(The more things change, the more they stay the same)Neil Peart-RUSH

debut thread
W
W

Craig,

It is amazing to see how far you've come since you first started posting. Truly amazing. I'm impressed. I hope you realize it.

C
craig54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
woog, thank you, but i cannot take any credit for how my attitude has changed. if it was not for Gods prescense in my life i would be in the funny farm by now. it is strange to look back on the postings and see the changes. it makes me realize there is a definite pattern to all our situations. the thing that makes the differences are how we are able to change,and seeing how much our spouses will change after that. i reread parts of the divorce remedy last night just to make sure i was on the right course. i am
know where near where our situation is resolved. but my attitude has given me a fighting chance. i know i can survive without my wife. my life is not dependent on her. that being said, i also want my wife back. she is my best friend. i have let her know because of my spiritual awakening i want her to be part of that new life. i know it is in God's hands, i just need to do my part.

m-54
w-44
children-4
bomb-sept 21 2007
t-21
m-20yrs
W
W
Craig,

I truly respect your faith, but you deserve credit as well. You should feel good about yourself. You've earned it.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard