Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
#1214367 09/28/07 04:05 AM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Hello Everyone,

Well, I'm finally home from doing concession stand duty for my DD's spirit squad.

I had to be there at 5:30. My DD called and said that she called her dad to see if she could go by his business and fill her car up. She said he wasn't there, and she wanted to know if she could use my debit car to get gas. I said that was fine.

About 30 minutes later my H called and said, "Are you already at the concession stand?" I told him yes. He said, "Do ya'll need some help. I said "As matter of fact we do because 2 of our workers had to go to the home side to work and that only leaves 2 of us." I had not told him I was working concession, I didn't see the need. All that is required to work is only one parent and it is usually the mothers. He came up there and worked with us the entire time and helped us clean up afterwards. We stood by our cars and talked about 30 minutes afterwards. He told me he was also going to the out of town game tomorrow night. I told him I was riding with a friend, but he was welcome to ride with us. He said, That sure is a long way." I said "Yeah, it is. You don't really have to go if you don't want to because I'm going and she can ride home with me." He said, "No, I was planning on going." He said, "I'll talk to you tomorrow afternoon." I said,"Do you want to call me, or do you want me to call you?" He told me to call him. He also asked me why I didn't call him about concession stand. He said, "I can't help out if I don't know about it." I said, "Well, I thought we had it covered. There were supposed to be 5 of us working."

When I got home I told my daughter that he came to help. She said, "Really? I didn't even tell him you were working, but he asked me if you had gone to the concession stand already." I said, "Oh, I guess your sister told him."

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

D
D
oh yoyo,

this sounds good to me...

And if I claim to be a wise man, well
It surely means that I don't know
Y
OP Offline
Y
I don't know, I'll just take it one day at a time. My friend was in the concession stand the entire time. He left at various times to go check the score. She said she was very impressed how well I as handling it and very surprised he came to help us.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.

L
L
Hmmmmmm..........if anything (and I think there is more), what a nice evening of calm exchanges, working together, and making the best of something.

Y
OP Offline
Y
It's amazing what a few months can do, just a couple of months I would have been as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof! I was calm and relaxed tonight. Well, as calm as you can be when you are trying take orders at a concession stand, LOL.

T
T
wow...seems good.

Let him call and do all the legwork.

T
T
Yoyo,

Quote:
I told him I was riding with a friend, but he was welcome to ride with us.

Next time let him invite himself, or invite you.

Quote:
"No, I was planning on going." He said, "I'll talk to you tomorrow afternoon." I said,"Do you want to call me, or do you want me to call you?" He told me to call him.

He needs to be the one calling you. When he said he'd talk to you tomorrow afternoon, leave it at that. Or say, I'll expect your call.

Also in general, don't be available for all his calls or suggested activities. Your moving on right? He needs to feel like you won't jump back in when he contacts you.

Love you hun...but you are responsing a bit too eagerly to his minor displays of attention.

--Theoden

Last edited by theoden; 09/28/07 04:37 AM.

S
S
Definitely, let him pursue you. He needs the work.

S
S
Hi Theo,

How did the interviews go today? Do the jobs interest you?

Y
OP Offline
Y
Well, I had to be available for the concession stand, LOL. I'm sure I looked really sexy to him especially after we were trying to pour some chili in a container and it got on me. I was holding it while he poured and it got all over my shirt right on my breast. What man is not turned on my by a woman with chili on her breast? LOL

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard