Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Well it's closure or something close to it. It's got to be easier than living under the same roof with someone who doesn't want to be married to you anymore.

Actually the funny thing is that she accuses you of controlling her when really what she wants is to be able to have control over you and now she won't have any. How do you think she'll handle that? I would expect that she won't like it much!

Funny thing about GAL, we fight so hard against it and when we finally get there everything is new and exciting and we feel more like our old selves again. Which is all we ever wanted from the beginning of this whole mess.

I am very impressed that you even know who Nate Bergus is!

Bethie

A
OP Offline
A
Well, I've moved out of our house a year and a half ago. I have been renting my ex-bil's home. We're still very good friends. If your familiar with my story, the ex-bil I was renting from was working down in LA as a construction superintendent. He got fired from the project he was working on and moved back up here into his house with me. It's been kind of crowded in there the last couple of months between him having his kids and me having mine. Not much privacy for either of us, so I had to find another place. It was only a temporary arrangement to begin with.

Now, I'm in my own place and don't have to worry about the owner moving in. It's my own place now, so it's a more permeant situation for me.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: MRHIGHSPEED
Ummm . . . wasn't Nate Bergus the guy who kissed Paul Reiser's wife in "Mad About You"?

Don't know about that, I think he's gay. He'll give you some good ideals on how to make your house sell though.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
Yep Nate Burgus is definitely gay. As my girlfriend always says "all of the cute ones are!"

Hey sorry about misunderstanding your living arrangements. I still stand by what I wrote about control. This is all about her projecting onto you. As long as you were living in her brothers house she knew where you were, not so now.

A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: MRHIGHSPEED
Now it's time to get a gorilla suit and hang a stuffed fish somewhere.

Just wearing my boxer shorts while spread out in my favorite barcalounger and watching my beloved Cleveland Indians play baseball brings joy to me.

I save the gorilla suit for when I have company. \:\/

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: BethM
This is all about her projecting onto you. As long as you were living in her brothers house she knew where you were, not so now.

There may be some truth in that. I've only been in the new place for 3 days so we'll see how it affects her.

As an added advantage for me, I'll be able to keep my S7 more. He'll have his own room now. I think this bothers her more than my whereabouts.

-Mark Twain
A
OP Offline
A
I have all my stuff moved into my new place now. Picked up the Bed and computer last Thursday.

I thought the stbx was going to break down and cry when I took the bed apart and moved it out. I moved the MUCH SMALLER twin size bed that was in our guest room into her room so she would have a bed to sleep on. I know this bothered her because she was fond of my big bed. She called me up the next day to talk about S7's up coming schedule. Before we hung up, she asked me sarcastically.... "so did you sleep well last night?" I enthusiastically replied.. "absolutely, and you?" She didn't answer. Not a big deal in the over all picture, but at least she acknowledged the association between comfort and me. I'm sure she'll start realizing some more discomfort when she takes over the mortgage, utilities, and her own car insurance at the end of August. Big changes coming about for both of us and it's really the first time she's going to be challenged by her decision to vacate this M. She's pretty much had a free financial ride the last 18 months, but now she's going to be legally forced into taking on the financial responsibility that comes with her actions. I hope for my S7's sake she knows what the hell she's doing, but I have strong reservations about that. She's an accountant, so she has no excuses if she f&cks this up and it fall squarely on her shoulders.

I'll have my S7 & S14 for the full weekend and for much longer periods of time until school starts. I have not been able to do this on a consistent basis for the last couple of months because of my roommates visitation with his kids. Never enough room, but it's not a problem anymore and I'm happy to be able to have them more now.

Last edited by Astimegoeson; 07/30/07 08:49 PM.

-Mark Twain
CONGATULATIONS ATGO!!!!

Hopefully this will be a new beginning for you and a step into happily rebuilding your new life. I also understand what you were saying about the bed. I have a king and if I had to go down to a twin, well I wouldn't be very happy. Maybe she thought after all this time that you would end up leaving it.

You know I laughed when you talked about her being an accountant. My ex is one as well and believe me the title is no indication of how well they can keep their sh@t together. In the end I was and still am the one who has to do the necessary financial stuff. He just can't seem to deal with all of the minutia. I would never have believed this to be the case but HELLO, I'm living proof!

Anyway, lots of luck. All has some great decorating tips for the swinginest of bachelor pads on his thread. You might want to take a peek.

Have you heard from Lostnfound? I miss her...........

Bethie

A
OP Offline
A
Thanks for the well wishes Beth. I thought when I married her that she would be a natural with our check book and finances. Shortly after our separation, I discovered some big discrepancies with our checking and savings accounts. I do believe her when she says they were honest mistakes, but I still can't imagine her missing details like she did. If she was working for me as an accountant and made those same mistakes, I wouldn't have been so understanding.

I'll consider any suggestion on bachelor pad decorating. I have my own ideals, but I'm always open to new ones. I have two antique Civil War swords I dusted off and mounted on my fireplace. I have not displayed them since I was in my old bachelor pad dating my stbx. It's the only "decorating" I've had time for so far. After years of compromise, I'm ready to do it my way for a change.

I have not heard from lostnfound since early last week. I imagine she's been busy the last couple of weeks.

-Mark Twain
L
L
Hey ATGO... glad to hear things are going well with your new place. I'm sure you will be so much happier in your own space.
The freedom to spend time with your kids and not have to worry a thing about anyone else saying a word about the mess or the noise has to be a big relief.

Now go out and splurge on some nice,new,luxurious sheets to celebrate being able to stretch out and relax in your own bed once again. Sometimes we just need to indulge in ourselves.

Happy things are going well for you \:\)

~lost

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard