DB 4-10
S 6-11
No more C
Link
N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Possible interesting development here. Been talking to a guy at work if he (and his family) want to join me and daughter on our firework trip tommorow night. Last night he said that he and wife do want to come! Also plan on bringing 2 early teen sons. He also mentioned that they were planning on inviting a friend of his wifes......... she just found out in the last week that her husband is cheating and planning on leaving...... hmmmmmmmm I am sure that I might be able to have an interesting discussion with her.
May even point her this direction......or maybe she dont come.....
whichever.....this firework show is going to be fun. One of the biggest in the midwest. If this gal does come, I will talk to her if she wants to open up a dialog.....I certainly do not plan to make a "play" for her........

N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well good afternoon. I now have my daughter for the rest of the weekend. This is always a hard day for me as I am running on about 4 hours of sleep. Got off at 7am to bed by 8am up at 12:30. And for my 4 1/2 hours I got it was not good sleep.

I know that my work schedule did contribute to my marriage problems.
When I am tired like I am today, I am pissy. Short tempered. Dont think clearly. Indecisive. Impatient. Also can be just a not pleasant person to be around.

So for the rest of this day, I will work hard at being nice to my daughter. And be grateful when her bedtime gets here. Is it 9 yet?
Nope 7 more hours to go.......

Anyhow gonna go to the store now, so I can forget why I am there....
happens sometimes.....lol

N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Uh oh......I am having a dinner party tommorow. Not really much, just my friend and his family before we take off for the fireworks. But enough that I am going to be quite busy for the next 24 hours......Need to go shopping first, then come home and start cooking and cleaning this place up a bit.....All the while trying to keep my darling daughter entertained......lol really did it to myself now....

Hey NDDT. Busy is good buddy. Relax tonight, get her in bed, get yourself in bed, get plenty of sleep and keep her entertained by letting her "help" you. Kids want to feel useful too. And actually if you do it right...they really can help. Had S7 cleaning the pool tonight and he did a great job.

Sox up 1-0 woohoo.

Scott: 38
X: 39
M: 13yrs D: 12/12/08
S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA
Bomb: 8/10/06 S: 01/07 Asked for D: 05/07 Mediation 07/07

"And when all's been said and done
It's the things that are given, not won
Are the things that you want"
- Gomez; See the World
N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Wow. Am winding down now. Just spent the last 3 1/2 hours cleaning. Well not actually cleaning, more like de-cluttering. My WAW is a definate clutter bug, my daughter tends to take after her too. I suppose that it is not too late to break that habit in the child if I work on it. This was a job that I have been meaning to do well since she left. I would look at it and procrastinate. Looked like to big of a job. In 3 1/2 hours this place is looking much better. Could actually have 4 people sit at my table to eat now!!!

There is more to do, but it is a very good start. My wife being a clutter bug, does not make her a bad person. It is just the way she is. I have been to her parents house many times, I see why she is the way she is. I dont fault her for it. I on the other hand do like things neat, a place for everything and everything in its place. That is the way my mother was, it is the way I am. When I was in the military this way of thinking was definatly reinforced in me. I feel better when my house is in order. It was a sticking point in our marriage. Sometimes I was an ass about it too. I remember more than once not being able to even set my plate on the table, getting PO'd and just sweeping everything on to the floor.
Not good. Did not make her feel good either. I never called her lazy.....but I sure thought it. I also implied it. If she ever does come back it is an issue that we need to work on for sure.

But, well ....... it does feel good to be in a neat(er) house right now. I ran across some old cards. I threw most of them away. I did save the one she gave me for Valentines day. It was signed, Love ------ I think that is the very last time I recieved an expression of love from her. I did not get choked up or anything, just kinda smiled actually. It was nice to not let my emotions run wild.......well for awhile now. Looking at the card I did feel good and kinda bad. But did realize that I am doing better.

Interesting to me also was I am actually doing a GAL activity that involves me being social. How that is affecting me....motivated me to get off my duff and do something I have been putting off. I am also kinda excited about cooking for some people other than myself and my daughter in like 3 months now.

Today was a good day and tommorow is going to be a good day too!!!

G

N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Soooooo..... I take my kid swimming this afternoon. It is pretty hot in the sun, so I put sun screen on her and myself. I dont need a burn, and I certainly do not want her to get one.

We are playing in the water, notice that hands are slippery from sunscreen.....I pick up my daughter and toss her, (because that is fun)..... and whoops there goes my ring. I looked for about an hour, even had some kids with googles helping me......it is gone.
I feel kinda naked without it.

My WAW has not been wearing hers for about 1 1/2 months now, and I guess I am not wearing mine now either. Although I think for different reasons. I dont know, should I even say anything to her?
I have never acknowledged to her that I have noticed her ring is gone. The kid did say she asked mom why she is not wearing her ring. She said that mom told her that she is getting to skinny to wear it.....

Damn, losing the ring does pizz me off. Not sure if I should tell her, or let her ask, or or what, I dont know. Maybe it was God's way of telling me to detach more??

Not gonna let it ruin my day, friends will be arriving in about
1 1/2 hours, then to the big firework show!!

G

N
N
Won't your kid tell her? I wouldn't tell her unless she asks.

M 39
W 39
M'd 10 yrs; T 14 yrs
S7 D4
Bomb 5-8-05
W not working on M 1-22-07; EA 2-22
DB 4-10
S 6-11
No more C
Link
N
NDDT Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Yeah I am kinda thinking along those lines too Nomo.....

Not gonna worry about it no more today, having too much fun!!

The food is all laid out, friends just called should be here in about 10 minutes....

Made my specialty BBQ Ribs!! Yum

I am out till late tonight!!

Have fun everyone!

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard