Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys! F21, you should have seen them....truly awesome to see your kids doing a sport you love so much...and doing it well. Truly proud of them.

Ok Speed - No Farm Animals - got it! ....wait...maybe they are ok...shoot...I'm confused now...ok...exactly what IS off limits for you guys?

Scott: 38
X: 39
M: 13yrs D: 12/12/08
S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA
Bomb: 8/10/06 S: 01/07 Asked for D: 05/07 Mediation 07/07

"And when all's been said and done
It's the things that are given, not won
Are the things that you want"
- Gomez; See the World
Quote:
Thanks guys! F21, you should have seen them....truly awesome to see your kids doing a sport you love so much...and doing it well. Truly proud of them.
I can only imagine. That is awesome!

Me: 37
M: 14 yrs
Separated 10/06; Filed for D 12/07
Life is good.
Yay Scotty---

About tonight. IT is about YOU. Nothing more, nothing less. I hope that I catch you in time, but I doubt it.

Enjoy yourself!

M-35 going on 15
D-8
S- 3 yrs
ex-CL(w)- 30

D over one year

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams
"Just Be"
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
SOOOO....I had a great time last night. A friend of her's just bought a new condo - so she, my buddy and I all went up to visit her. I remember her friend from HS. She is also very attractive and happens to be recently D'd. So both ladies looked great. We all had a great time, went to a bar, danced a bit and hung out. It was just a very fun, somewhat flirtatous night. Her friend at one point said "It has been a very stressful couple of years for me and I can't remember the last time I had a good belly laugh and I have had several tonight, so thank you guys". I thought that was a very cool compliment.

Very nice to have a fun evening with someone who was taking a genuine interest in ME. I just felt very relaxed, I felt funny, I felt attractive. It has been a long time since someone has made me feel that way. I know it is comparing apples to oranges, so I'm not going to do that. I would love nothing more than to work on my M - but unfortunately I do not have that option. But the alternative that has been handed to me just doesn't seem nearly as scary as it did before.

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
G
G
Glad you had a great night!!! \:\)

Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking. -Marcus Aurelius

Me: 32 XH: 33
M: 8 years
Affair discovered: 06/2006
rediscovered: 11/2006
Separation: 04/2007
Divorced: 10/09/07
J
J
Woo Yay Scott - sounds like a great, light and fun evening, just what the doctor ordered \:\)

I like what you say that yes you would like your M to work but you can't force it, you've come a looooooooong way since your early posts, Scott - well done.

Bomb (ILYBINILWY, don't want to be married)Sept05
Seperated Sept/Oct 05
Oct 06 - H recomitted
July 11 - I am now a WAW.
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
HS - More? Maybe. Different? YOU BET! Again, apples and oranges and I know that. I've had apples for 11 years straight...and I just bit into an orange. Kinda liked it....but I know that someday oranges may not taste so great either.

No kidding ay Jen? I am such a better person now. So much more self aware. I've grown a lot over the past 10 months...and last night my confidence jumped a ton too. Have to say it felt GOOD to have two attractive ladies genuinly interested in me...making them laugh and smile. I needed that. Ton of good looking, younger guys crawling around that place last night and they had an "ick, whatever - so back to you" attitude.

Got a text from her this morning wishing me a happy father's day too....

Guess I should also mention that I met the kids and W for brunch this morning. It was very nice, everyone was in a good mood....nice. Then of course she tells me that she really needs to study and then she has to work at 2pm...so at 11am...on father's day...I've got the kids for the rest of the day. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with the kids. But I spend a lot of time with my kids and I kind of look at father's day as a day to do whatever I want to do. Was hoping to get out on my bike..but oh well. I told her to go ahead, she did feel bad...her school is important. But in the same breath she was telling me that she has been trying to study but she hasn't gotten anything done because she's just not into it...been procrastinating. So I guess I kind of feel like I'm not getting to really enjoy my father's day because she's been too busy "looking up recipes instead of studying".

oh well...par for the course. there is something else I'd like to do..play golf like Ian is! ugh.

...but last night was fun. ;\)

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks buddy. I know it was my choice...just kind of wish it was a choice that I didn't have to make. I'm ok..no biggie.

The little guy doesn't like to ride so much and there is a big difference between going for a ride and going for a ride with the kids. I'm sure you can understand that. I'll do something fun with them and I'll make it a good day anyway.

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
swashy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Speed. Hope that didn't come off the wrong way. Appreciate the thought.

S9, D8, S6
MLC/EA/PA

- Gomez; See the World
Nice, Eddy! Sounds like a good time was had by all.

and...
Happy Father's Day, Scotty too Hottie!

I think you are too nice and teach your W to take advantage of that. I'm sure you'll make the most of your day and enjoy it, but you deserved to do what you felt most like doing today... but that was up to you to make happen, wasn't it. Glad you got a confidence boost last night. Sounds like the gals enjoyed themselves too. Have a great day. Cheers and hugs to you for being a great dad.

Me: 37
M: 14 yrs
Separated 10/06; Filed for D 12/07
Life is good.
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard