Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
S
S
LL, something has to "shift" in our brain. We have to get the idea that we don't need our S, but that it would be nice to have him/her in the picture; that we're not lower than whale you-know-what when S doesn't respond or disses us. At some point, something will click and you'll realize that he is marching to the beat of a different drummer and there's not a blessed thing you can do about it -- except to be the best you that you can, and let the chips fall where they may. Somewhere, in one of his books, Ken Keyes, Jr., describes people like us as addicted to our S. He defines an addiction as an emotion-backed demand or desire, which if not satisfied, makes us unhappy, disturbed, agitated, etc. It was a real eye-opener for me to understand that I was addicted to the M and afraid to let go. More and more, I'm accepting her going her own way, and I never ask anymore what she did, where she went, etc. If she wants to tell me, I'm around. Anyway, something to think about.
Sam

MAL Offline
LL,
I am really behind on all the threads, but I didn't want you to think I forgot about you.

I think about all of you every day. I've just been so busy lately. And keeping up with my own thread is a lot of work. A lot of things happening with me. (Not that I am complaining or anything.)

I just wanted to pass through and say hello, and say thank you for always being there for me!

I don't know what I would do without all of you!!

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
RJJ Offline
Hey LL,

When is your birthday? Seems to me you said it was this month, and it's a big one too! Hope we haven't missed it!

rjj

OP Offline
Quote:

When is your birthday? Seems to me you said it was this month, and it's a big one too!

yup! it's monday and I will be 16... (long running joke) no I will be da da da da! 30 I am really too young to be dealing with this crap!!

LL

LL,

Just think, you got all this crap over with early. Now you can go on from here and be happy and have a wonderful life!

Many happy returns on your special day.

Dotto

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard