Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#179435 10/08/03 10:26 AM
OP Offline
It's finally happened. H and I have finally achieved sexual equilibrium. Yep. Last night, we played a game of darts and he won by putting 3 darts in the bullseye. I watched to see if he'd leave one there. But no. He took them all and played a game against the computerized board. Then he put them all away. Know what? I found I just didn’t care.
Maybe it's the med I'm on, maybe I've been rejected so many times I've given up the fight. I don't know. All I know is that right now that part is dead.

It's not so bad, though. After all, at some point my hormone level will drop, too, (although I thought it would be before now) and I'd be at this point anyway. I'm just there early.

I've also discovered I don't care if he works all this coming weekend, which looks likely the case . . . again. I've decided I am not sitting around this house by myself again. I'm taking Friday off and going to the nearby Nature Center. Take a hike,maybe pick up some brochures on winter activities there. Saturday I'm going to my college's Homecoming Game with my girlfriend and her H. Sunday I think I'll take a drive to see my aunt.

H's company wants the guys to work 7 days a week now until they are caught up. I would love to go down there and tell them exactly what I thought of their lack of business sense & promising more product than they have manpower to produce. Of course I don't and I don't get angry with H as he's upset about it too. It seems this would be for a couple of weeks, but they’ve pulled this before, with the extra hour of work every day: only for a while. But this has been going on for months. Then it was a full day on Saturdays – only till they got caught up. But they can’t catch up. Now, it’s Sundays, too. What a crock.

It leaves us no time to do anything on the weekends or to get away. And I was really hoping to have a weekend to ourselves as I have to travel back East for 2 weeks on busines the end of the month.

But this time I'm not sitting around the house. I'm taking a 3-day weekend, getting out and doing stuff for myself. It's supposed to be absolutely gorgeous here and I'm going to take advantage of it.

But right now I gotta get some work done.
Barbara

Domestic Abuse Survivor since 6/26/2002
#179436 10/16/03 10:18 AM
OP Offline
From either one of us. H hurt his back last Sunday and Tuesday we had to have our doggie put to sleep. Not exactly conducive to high desire events, but I found it doesn't bother me.

Spoke to my doctor yesterday about this and he told me that loss of desire is definitely one of the side effects of the med I'm on.

Other than that one side effect, I feel very much like my old self. Have been getting outside a lot more, signed up for some needlework classes, went to football game with gf & her H. Eating better. Sleeping *much* better.

Doctor suggested something to now increase my desire, but I declined. H & I have C appt tonight and will talk to C about this. I'm going away for 2 wks on business so it would kind of be a waste to start anything now anyway.

All in all, this will make for an interesting C session today.

Barbara

Last edited by GraniteRose; 10/16/03 10:19 AM.

Domestic Abuse Survivor since 6/26/2002
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard