Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
C
Cld Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Things are getting better. I have the kids today and we are spending good quality time together. Their mother is letting me Skype with them each night before going to bed and my oldest daughter today said that mommy said that "she loves me". Is she coming back to her senses? Only time will tell.

R
R
What's the context of your daughter's comments? Why were the two of you talking about your wife?

Me: 44
H: 44
Kids: 20, 16, 16, and 10
Together/Married: 22 years
H announced he was emotionally detached and considering D: 4/4/16
H announced he is going to try to stay and reconnect: 5/1/16
M
M
I may be pessimistic but I doubt that happened. There are no details and all of your posts are always from your pov. Never what your W actually tells you.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
T
T
Originally Posted By: Cld
Things are getting better. I have the kids today and we are spending good quality time together. Their mother is letting me Skype with them each night before going to bed and my oldest daughter today said that mommy said that "she loves me". Is she coming back to her senses? Only time will tell.

Something seems off about this post. He referred to his daughter as "my oldest daughter".... ummmm doesn't he only have ONE daughter? And she is the younger of his two children so weird 'typo'.

Me: 35 husband:39
Sons 16 and 11 from my first marriage
Twins 5 (boy/girl)
Daughter 3
Affair bomb 2/27/14
He moved in with ow 3/13/14
OW kicked him out 6/15/14
4/2016 he seeks help for sexual addiction

E
E
Quote:
You can't help someone till they admit to themselves that they need the help.

Ayep

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
M
M
Maybe he can elaborate all the missing parts.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
G
G
I'm going to speculate...

My D asks me if I love her dad. I say yes, I love him because he is her father and he is a part of her.

I'm thinking that maybe have been what happened. D7 asked, and of course his exW isn't going to say "no".

But he took it as if he his wife loves him and wants to come home.

Just a wild guess.

job Offline
Ginger,

I'm right there w/you on the speculation. Of course you would say yes when a child asks if you love the spouse. You love him because he's the father of your child and he is also a part of her. Why would you say no? This would create all types of anxiety and drama for the child to rehash over and over in his/her little head.

I also think he's questioning the kids about what his xw is saying and doing. The children are innocent in all of this and should stay out of the he said/she said drama. He talks entirely too much to the kids about the relationship between him and his xw when he should be devoting his time and attention on the children and doing things w/them on their levels and leave the adult stuff to the adults.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
Cld Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Things keep improving.
At first she only allowed me to spend a few minutes with the kids with Skype each night just to say goodnight and I love you.
Now she is leaving me alone with the kids who are using their tablet for a long time so that I can read them a story and talk about the day before they go to bed.
Our text messages are becoming longer and more friendly.
I can feel the love in her words and when we exchange the kids she stays there looking at me while before she only tried to avoid looking at me. Finally she has realized that I will not pursue her and that I am perfectly fine without her. She also knows that I will always be available if she decides to do things together with the kids and she also knows that I am not going to look for anybody else.
I wonder what's going to happen next, that will be interesting.
I wish she would just run to me, put her arms around me and tell me " I am sorry for what I did to you, I love you, I don't know what happened to me".
We will find out....

C
C
wow. this guy gets more posts than us newbs who really are trying and struggling to follow some simple DB rules as well as keeping our heads above water. As always, mind blown, on the threads and in my own personal life....

WTF?!

-cheesyt.

Me(W): 29 EXW: 30
T: 6 M: 2
SD: 10
BD: 04/2016
PS: 04/2016
W officially "seeing" someone 09/2016
W filed 03/2017
Officially Divorced 11/2017
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis