Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#2218514 02/03/12 06:02 PM
~
OP Offline
~
I had no idea that my previous thread had 100+ posts. Sorry about that DBmod!

I wanted to thank everyone who has responded to my previous posts, especially yesterday. I was having an off day and the support I received reminded me that I am not alone. I'm glad I can come here and break down and you are all here to help me get back up.

I need to remind myself that I can only be responsible for my actions & decisions, period. All this speculating does nothing but keep me on the emotional roller coaster and I am NOT a fan of rides. smile

Today is a better day, I am very much looking forward to spending the weekend with my kids and cheering for the Giants on Sunday.

"Everyone you meet has baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack."
¤Formerly DelinquentGurl¤
A
A
I missed what went on yesterday, and will go back to find your thread and read a bit.

I just wanted to say that I am glad you are doing better today. It is tough to remember that sometimes, we can only be responsible for our actions and decisions. A daily reminder is not necessarily a bad thing.

Glad you are planning to enjoy a nice weekend with your kids. I am looking forward to the Superbowl as well.

-Autumn

N
ncl Offline
N
Originally Posted By: ~¤DG¤~
I need to remind myself that I can only be responsible for my actions & decisions, period. All this speculating does nothing but keep me on the emotional roller coaster and I am NOT a fan of rides. smile

EXACTLY! Glad to hear you are feeling better and have some fun weekend plans. Take care!

aka lc4 : )
V
V
DG,
I'm so glad you have plans this weekend. I'm not a fan of either team so I'll use the day to have good conversations with friends.

As for the keys to your apartment, it's hard to tell why your H did what he did.

It makes sense to me that just as we struggle to want to fight for our m, our WAS also have emotional struggles...

...thus the push and pull.

As you said you can only control you. Do you best to stay off the rollercoaster and continue to be patient.

As I've said... time will reveal all.

((( )))

M(f): 40
D'ed: 8/12

Show empathy when there's pain. Show grace when warranted. Kindness in the midst of anger. Faith in the face of fear.

Love at all costs because you are loved well.
L
L
DG, hang in there. We all have off days some more than others. My heart goes out to you. I don't wish any of this on my worst enemy. It's not over until you decide it's over. The best you can do is put it in God's hands. I know quite a few people who are divorced and they have all told me that "time heal all wounds", I hate that quote but they've all assured me that it is true.

I have my off days too and today is one of them but it's not as bad as in the past. Imagine being on this roller coaster with me. A month ago my W said she was going to move out at the end of Feb and into the house her brother is renting and they would split the rent. Well last week she tells me she isn't moving in with him because she thinks I'm going to screw her in regards to money. Then she proposes to draw up separation papers and have us sign them and I told her I'd have to look at it and see if I agree. Then she says see that's why I'm not leaving you are going to screw me...UGH! Just yesterday she informs me that she is now going to save money so she can move out on her own leaving me with our boys ages 22 and 14...oh the madness never ends!

I'm just like you in that I need to remind myself that I'm only responsible for my actions & decisions. The trying to what our S's are thinking just puts us on that emotional roller coaster which is not good for us LBS's. Glad you are feeling better today and I hope you enjoy your weekend you deserve it. Actually we all deserve it.

M 44 W 43
S 23 S 15
INILWY 9/11
Divorce Mediation started 3/13
June 30 the day W is moving out
M
M
Hey DG,
Glad today is better for you, me too. It seems to me that maybe we need to focus on the good days more......I just haven't mastered that yet.

Have a great time at the zoo watching the dolphins, as for me I also plan on a great time with my kids, we are making soap for a party my D6 is invited to tomorrow, then while zhe is at the party S10 and I are making a derby car for scouts.

I pray for you often, they tell me it will get better....they just don't say when.

Michael

Me:46 /W:37
M:13 /T:16
D's:19,18,17,6
S:10
W filed 8/15/11
Court 9/21/12

Conflict is inevitable. Combat is optional.
~
OP Offline
~
Journaling---

Today was a great day with the kids.
We had a great time at the zoo, S11 loved the dolphin show.
We probably could have sat and watched them all day. Maybe next time. Afterwards we met my parents for dinner and then my mom and I did a little shopping. I'm tired, but in good spirits.

Funny thing, H has been texting me on and off all day. Sometimes he is border line flirty, and I'll admit while it feels good, I am a little leery of it. I don't want to open up and reciprocate in fear that he'll retreat. I also don't want to think that it means something, which it probably doesn't.

"Everyone you meet has baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack."
M
M
Glad to hear that today was a great day. Me too. Kids are "camping out " on the living room floor. Jumped on the trampoline with them. Went for a walk in the woods. All in all a good day.

Michael

Me:46 /W:37
M:13 /T:16
D's:19,18,17,6
S:10
W filed 8/15/11
Court 9/21/12

Conflict is inevitable. Combat is optional.
~
OP Offline
~
It sounds like it was a good day for you.
We need to hang on to days like these. It reminds us that we can get through this

J
J
Originally Posted By: ~¤DG¤~
Journaling---

Today was a great day with the kids.
We had a great time at the zoo, S11 loved the dolphin show.
We probably could have sat and watched them all day. Maybe next time. Afterwards we met my parents for dinner and then my mom and I did a little shopping. I'm tired, but in good spirits.

Funny thing, H has been texting me on and off all day. Sometimes he is border line flirty, and I'll admit while it feels good, I am a little leery of it. I don't want to open up and reciprocate in fear that he'll retreat. I also don't want to think that it means something, which it probably doesn't.

Glad you had a great day with the boys!

Regarding your H - I think you're doing a good job just trying to keep an even keel with it - just roll with it for now.

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard