Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
OP Offline
L
Journaling.

Big update. I have now moved out of the house and into my family's house today.

The last couple of days, i went GAL met with girlfriends and went out into town and partied, did dinners the whole lot.

The R between H and I are good. We talk, laugh, and communicate well. We don't talk about our R, other than H initiating what we are splitting in regards to house goods. On the ride up, he said "do you want to go watch a movie after i move your stuff?" but in the same breath, "how we organising the papers?"

Im shocked as this person is leaving me but doesnt mind if we go watch a movie? We never ended up going as the movie we wanted to go see wasn't out yet. I said don't worry ill handle the D papers, as H would not have a clue where to begin and he thinks because we got married in vegas it doesnt matter ( i told him no, its legal in AUS too). Here in Australia, we need to be separated for 2 years before filing. So i will wait till then, and see how we go.

I have not once in the last 2 weeks, to beg him to stay back. I know we are compatible, and it makes me sad as i know the end is here.

He helped me packed all my belongings on to his truck, and helped me move it back into my family's house. On the front, im happy and i act like i am o.k with the move. But inside im a wreck.

We have a dog together who we treat like our own baby, we decided that i will keep her. So i mentioned to him, since i have his cousin's "girls get together" in 2 weeks, why doesn't he keep Iowa (the dog) to himself to say goodbye. And when i travel to the party, i will stay in the spare room that night (as i live 2 hrs away) and the following day i will take iowa back up with me to my new home.He agreed to this, and we would get to say our final goodbye.

My heart is breaking as i move our furniture out of the house and i think to myself...he would rather live alone then want to live with me. That he just wants to get rid of anything that reminds him of the marriage and just redecorate it.

In all honestly and in the bottom of my heart, i don't think we will ever get back together. He has already said we should promised each other no more contacting after this. That after 8 years, this need to be the last split. That we cannot look back.

I know i will keep my end. I will GAL to better myself and to fix the issues that i have. Part of me will always love him and at this point i am still very much in love with him. It is so hard to put a front, to be strong, to pretend that your happy and ok, when all i want to do is just run back in his arms.

i know its not over until i say its over, but in gut i truly believe that H will not come back to me. His family and friends will not support his decision if he decides to give it another go. They believe that we have separated way too many times, that we argue all the time and that its best to cut your losses now and if your not meant to be together, than your not. Yes they are true, but why doesn't anyone think ..that there must be a reason why we keep going back together after our break ups?

It is my first sleep away and I am finding this so hard that I just cant stop crying. frown

Me: 28 H:30
M:19/03/09
Renewed vows in home country: 19/03/10
Together: 7 1/2 years
Married : 2yr 3 months
S:26/06/10
reconciliation started: 1/10/10
Separation 2: 4/5/2011
G
G
The First nights of separation are so hard believe me I know.

That's why keeping yourself busy is critical.

That being said because he said no contact that is not true. Every sitch is different, but you will find that in most cases the WAS will find a way of making contact. Hold to your guns and let him initiate. You might be surprised how fast he breaks his own rule. Also be prepared for a long time with no contact. Bottomline give him time to see what he is missing, and give yourself time to develop new traits he'll find desirable.

L
OP Offline
L
Thank GB. (im currently still catching up on reading on your posts)

I've been better and i haven't cried for days. I do however think of him everyday. And sometimes things will just remind me of him example. if i see a happy couple walking across the road...my mind wanders to the thought that we were once a happy couple too.

I dont' know if the reason why im not that upset is because, im seeing him this saturday ( i need to pick up the dog and car) so maybe a part of me is holding on to hope OR maybe really in my mind i accepted the fate, and that fate has led us to be apart.

I've been GAL and i feel like im burning out. There is so much going out dancing, drinking, and dinners with friends i can do... BUT when i am at home all i do is think about the past. I just can't get away from it.

Me: 28 H:30
M:19/03/09
Renewed vows in home country: 19/03/10
Together: 7 1/2 years
Married : 2yr 3 months
S:26/06/10
reconciliation started: 1/10/10
Separation 2: 4/5/2011
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard