Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
L
Originally Posted By: Ruined_No_More
Originally Posted By: Royloveshiswife
I understand your points. I even agree with most of them. It still remains: she has had the paperwork for 2 months and no action has been taken since I left. I generally stay over there at least 2-3 nights a week, every week since I left. I see my kids about 1/2 the week every week so far. I don't want the situation to get worse than it is. And I'm sure if I try to move back in, it will get worse. Fast.

Hi Roy,

Sorry you are here. On the plus side, there are many many folks who have gone thru exactly what you are going thru. Some have saved their M and some haven't. But, you will find invaluable info here.

I think you should move back into your house. I assume the deed/mortgage is in your name? If so, you have every legal right to be in your home. Kissing your W's a$$ so she doesn't file is definitely NOT a good plan. If your W wants out so badly, she should pack up her $hit and move.

Your children deserve to have their father in their life. I understand that you don't want to anger your wife by pushing the issue, but your W already has the paperwork. Your fear of your W is not helping you think clearly.

I don't have children, but I believe that if your W files D and you aren't living in your house, that it gives W a greater edge when it comes to custody. I was reading this very recently.

Stay calm, other folks will come along w/help shortly.

Ruined said basically what I said, and I'll assume without reading my posts. Irony? Hmm...

Unless you are beating your wife and kids, or haranguing any of them, you are blessing to your children to be there. The divorce deed is already on your wife. It's totally up to her now, but your children's fate is still up to you.

L
LSG Offline
L
I agree move back home, and do not leave. If she does file it will help you with custody I heard. Check with an attorney. Move in because you will lose more I believe by not being there. Talk to an attorney to protect yourself, your rights, and especially your kids.

ME-41 W-33 M-8 D-8 S-4 D 5/17/2010
www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1961097#Post1961097
V
V
No, Luv, I read the whole thread. Just re-iterating/restating.

Sometimes it helps to hear similar from different people, slightly restated. wink

M & H: 40
M: 5.5 T: 7.5
OW: 7/09 Bomb: 9/09
Sep: 3/10 H files 7/10

still m'd, unsure how to procede

Soapie:
1: http://tinyurl.com/vulcanized1
2: http://tinyurl.com/vulcanized2
3: http://tiny.com/vulcanized3
L
L
Originally Posted By: Ruined_No_More
No, Luv, I read the whole thread. Just re-iterating/restating.

Sometimes it helps to hear similar from different people, slightly restated. wink

Understood.

M
M
Alright so say you don't move back. What now? Has she treated you any better?

Just because she hasn't filed doesn't mean that she respects you. It just means that she hasn't had the time.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
R
OP Offline
R
Actually she is, we get along more and talk more often. Not serious talk, not future talk, but just visiting. It's a rare day, we don't talk on the phone. Usually she is the one calling. I'm still trying to give space.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
M
M
So what does she call you for? It could very well be that she's just being "polite".

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
R
OP Offline
R
She talks about her day, the kids, anything and everything we used to talk about.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
M
M
So how is she with you when you come over? The same or more tense?

Is there a "time limit" that she gives for your stays? You could do a gradual thing where you come over to watch a movie with them or bring over dinner. Then stretch those periods longer and longer.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
R
OP Offline
R
I'm usually there for 2-3 days. We visit and joke a lot. Occasionally we argue, but it's rare. When I'm over I usually cook dinner. I help the kids with homework, baths, bedtime and I try to help her every way I can.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard