Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
M
I hope you don't get sea sick. Deep sea fishing has always been on of my passions in the spring. We usually went out of Destin or St. Pete. I still prefer bottom fishing best because of the action. Grouper, Amberjack and Red Snapper. Good eating except the Amberjack.

I always got a kick watching the other guys on the boat get sick. I would be drinking beer and they were heaving over the side. Those Navy days were good for something (a lot of things actually)

Have fun on the trip

M: 52
W: 45
M: 21 yrs
D: 20
S: 17
D: 15
OM Started 02/2008
Bomb: 5/1/2008
W Moved out: 6/10/2008
L
OP Offline
L
Thx! It's been over 8 years since I've been fishing on the bay and I hope I hold up. I am betting that my BIL doesn't last 30 minutes.

My guess is we'l get cobia and mackerel. Not sure if anything else but they can run pretty big out there, even off the nags head pier.

Chris

Me 34
W 33
D 4
S 2
M 5
T 8
Bomb 6/17/08
Served 7/17/08
I hate Tuesdays!
Current Thread
E
E
Quote:
plenty of surf fishing in DE, MD, VA and NC.

oh brother we need to talk..I go to over there 2 times a year to surf fish.. Usually from Avon to Ocracoke..It's an awesome place.

Now to answer the other question..about letting her have the kids..I have two thoughts,

1. If things have been pretty civil and nice and you are about co-parenting then I think it is alright to work with your W on this issue..Remember if you do this then at some point then I think it is only fair that she work with you.

2. Use this as a reward for her. In other words if she has been acting up then I think it is perfectly fine to use the agreement you have to the letter and not make exceptions. On the other hand if she is being extremely nice then you could make an exception to reward her for being nice.

Boy I envy you going over to the OBX. I missed my spring trip due to my sitch..hope I can make a fall trip.

M
M
Eyes on the horizon. Don't spend a lot of time looking down. That is the first thing they teach you in the Navy. Keep your head up.

M: 52
W: 45
M: 21 yrs
D: 20
S: 17
D: 15
OM Started 02/2008
Bomb: 5/1/2008
W Moved out: 6/10/2008
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks Mark. That is good to remember.

Actually, one of my fondest memories of fishing the intercoastal waterways of NC was when my father was stationed at Camp LeJune and it was my mom and dad, some of his friends, my brother and I out there for a day of fishing...when the storms came through and spawned a tornado/water spout.

I've never seen 2 Marines scared s&*%less like that, LOL!

Also, swimming around the sandbars and my mom flipping out thinking the dolphins were sharks. Ha!

Me 34
W 33
D 4
S 2
M 5
T 8
Bomb 6/17/08
Served 7/17/08
I hate Tuesdays!
Current Thread
L
OP Offline
L

Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
oh brother we need to talk..I go to over there 2 times a year to surf fish.. Usually from Avon to Ocracoke..It's an awesome place.

This will be the first time I've been to the OBX in over 8 years. W and I never went as her friends lived in Rehobeth so we usually ended up there.

I would always stay in KDH (Dirty Dicks Crabs, yummm!) and just surf fish or go to the bayside to try my luck with the flounder, croaker, crabs etc. When I lived in DC, would always make short trips down to the base of the Patuxent River for fishing and crabbing and even over to the DelMarVA side for the same. Did VA beach a few times with not much luck and hoping that this trip will be fun. First time my dad, brother and I have done something like this since our childhood. Adding the BIL to the mix so he doesn't feel left out.

Now to answer the other question..about letting her have the kids..I have two thoughts,

1. If things have been pretty civil and nice and you are about co-parenting then I think it is alright to work with your W on this issue..Remember if you do this then at some point then I think it is only fair that she work with you.

Things have been pretty civil and the goal is to co-parent. However, as far as I know, she hasn't called her L back about what we talked about last week nor has she put much more thought into it. I told her yesterday that we already had plans and woud let her know this am. I am thinking to say that the plans are still on but she is more then welcome to come over for dinner tonight. Gotta decide this one soon.

2. Use this as a reward for her. In other words if she has been acting up then I think it is perfectly fine to use the agreement you have to the letter and not make exceptions. On the other hand if she is being extremely nice then you could make an exception to reward her for being nice.

She hasn't been acting up which is nice but I don't want to make an exception because this is the first time in the whole sitch (minus almost meltdown Sunday about kids several weeks ago) that she is actually experiencing the reality of the situation she wants. Of course, "I don't want to use the kids as pawns ie. no kids on Wednesday, I want you to feel bad", but at the same time I am not the one that wanted to be in this position nor am I the one that wants this for my family. Oh, the confusion.

Boy I envy you going over to the OBX. I missed my spring trip due to my sitch..hope I can make a fall trip.

Sorry to hear about you missing your trip. It almost happened to me but the W decided to not go and told us to since the rest of the family will be there. Fall is a nice time down there too. I used to head down after labor day to take advantage of the cheaper prices for the rentals. Enjoy the more local scene anyway. I'll definitely post about how it was when I get back on the 26th.

Chris

Me 34
W 33
D 4
S 2
M 5
T 8
Bomb 6/17/08
Served 7/17/08
I hate Tuesdays!
Current Thread
L
OP Offline
L
So I called W back and told her that based upon our agreed to schedule that I had made plans for me and the kids accordingly...but after some conversation (trying to let her know that I won't be a doormat) I agreed to let her take the kids a day early...got to stay on the high road here.

She just called back to let me know that she stopped by the house for a few things and thanked me several times for letting her take the kids early. Hopefully my generousity will not go unpaid.

Chris

Me 34
W 33
D 4
S 2
M 5
T 8
Bomb 6/17/08
Served 7/17/08
I hate Tuesdays!
Current Thread
F
F
"She just called back to let me know that she stopped by the house for a few things and thanked me several times for letting her take the kids early. Hopefully my generosity will not go unpaid."

Don't look for too much from it.. Remember you do things not to get a reaction.. but because you know its the right thing to do. As hard as it is to be a "Friend" right now.. you gotta get close.

She did thank you.. a couple of times.

Relax
Eat
Think
Act normal
React.. Smartly.
Do something different.
Emulate.
Do Work.

Lets get "RETARDED" in here.

L
OP Offline
L
FG,

Very true and I guess the reaction I am looking for us nothing immediate. It is the friendship and closeness. Baby steps, even if it is just me doing the tango.

Chris

Me 34
W 33
D 4
S 2
M 5
T 8
Bomb 6/17/08
Served 7/17/08
I hate Tuesdays!
Current Thread
E
E
very good Chris..hopefully she will repay that favor some day..good co-parenting on your part. This shows you're willing.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard