Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AZdoc68 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I know this is a fairly common scenario. In fact, I know someone at church who had this happen to him too.

Curious if anyone out there can shed some light on this phenomenom. Thank you...

T
T
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

I don't think that I can offer the one answer why this happens.

But, in my XW's case, I think she was looking for her next husband as soon as we separated and that it was a matter of security for her. XW never had the best self-esteem.

She dated like a whirlwind for about 9 months. Finally, she met a younger, impressionable guy who is totally submissive to her (from what I can tell) and they moved in together immediately and were married less than a year later.

I think she has convinced herself that this is the real thing, but I've observed enough as an external third party to believe that this is a matter of convenience for her. Will it fall apart? No idea. They may achieve "Till death do us part" for all I know. Truth is, good for her if they do. I just know that I don't have to be in the moment with her anymore. That is liberating.

S
S
My D will be final August 2nd. My H was already asking a lawyer about when he can marry again. I don't think it is going to happen, however. I think him and the OW and her two kids will just live together for awhile. OW has never been married and I think she isn't interested. But who knows? It seems so stupid for him to jump out of our marriage and right into another one that started off being an affair.

Me-31 H-38
M: 5 yrs T: 7 yrs
No kids
Went to Prostitutes 10-1-06
Found out about OW 12-24-07
Bomb on EA/PA: 1-2-08
OW ended it with H "for good" 3-8-08
OW is back 4-19-08
H and OW tell me that they are in love 5-19-08
Filed for divorce 6-5-08
Divorced 7-2-08
M
M
Sorry bit I noticed that this happened in Hollywood so much that I joked and blogged about it to my H a year before he did it with a girl half his age!

Some famous folks who knocked up or hooked up with their OW immediately after walking away. Eddy Vedder from Pearl Jam, Mike Myers, the Love Guru, Mick Jagger, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise. You are right a common scenario! Women also do that with weaker OM!

Me:38 H:39 MLC
M:10 R:23 years
D6 S3
Bomb: Easter, 2007
"Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day."
R
R
mk!!! I was wondering what happened to you! Hope all is as well as can be--better yet, as well as we make it! \:\)

M
M
Hi Donna! You and your kids are always on my mind also!Time flies when you are DBing!!!

Me:38 H:39 MLC
M:10 R:23 years
D6 S3
Bomb: Easter, 2007
"Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day."
Y
Y
Originally Posted By: Starshyne
My D will be final August 2nd. My H was already asking a lawyer about when he can marry again. I don't think it is going to happen, however. I think him and the OW and her two kids will just live together for awhile. OW has never been married and I think she isn't interested. But who knows? It seems so stupid for him to jump out of our marriage and right into another one that started off being an affair.

Wow, she sounds like a winner...two children, but never been married! Just curious, by the same father or different ones? And these are the people that our WAS leave their families for!

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
-- Bernice Johnson Reagon

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard