Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ok, I have never heard it but I would love to try it!!

Send me one Barb along with some warmth!! I'm freezing here, turned the thermostate down to 54 most of the time but sometimes just have to bump it back to 56. I think it is more of a mental thing than physical when I do that though!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
I
I
Quote:
Hey ISLH: Didn't realize you live in Ontario. My sign in doesn't show that I do as well. I'm in Niagara - where are you? I've actually been here since Nov 01 but had to re-register at one point when my name got eaten (who knows?)

Anyway, hi to fellow provincial friend and how did you enjoy "Family Day"?

Barb

Hi Barb,
I'm from Mississauga so not far from you although you seem to be in a much warmer place right now. Don't blame you. Wish I was too.

It certainly was great to have introduced Family Day. Afterall, we have Mother's Day and Father's Day and we don't have a day to simply celebrate our family. I don't know why some people are upset about it. Do we not need more family time?

Sorry that you are here too. This has been a great place for me to meet some really supportive and wonderful people, some of which I have met in person and some which I hope to some day.

I'm sorry I haven't followed your story as it is so hard to go back and find previous threads but I've seen you post to many people.

I have added you to my favs so now I can follow along and maybe we can meet up one day.

Hugs,
ISLH

Me: 49 - S22 & S26
H: 41 - No kids
M: 10/00
Bomb New Year's Day 2006
H living w OW 01/07; have baby 12/07
D final 07/07
Thread #9 - Hope Lives On
Barbie,
I envy you! It snowed again yesterday but headed out today. Does that mean it's Spring???? LOL.
I am hoping to get to FL for a few weeks in Mar-Apr, not sure yet.
I didn't even want to go out to the store (so I put it off for a few days) - the kids are loving it though!
Well, enjoy the sunshine and warm weather.
Faith, Hope, Love,
LSL
lovesufferslong@hotmail.com

OP Offline
Wow, no Internet for 8 days! Josh went home last night and Ashley arrived! Another vacation beginning.

Gotta keep it short so my connection doesn't fail but Josh and I had a blast - Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Universal Studios and Kennedy Space Center. Dined with Friends. Dined with my students and had romantic evenings and special dinners out too.

Ahhhh....

Life is better - who'd have thunk?

Barb

OP Offline
Have to tell you about something really wonderful that Josh brought up the other night at dinner. He mentioned us going on another cruise. One that would make all my wildest dreams come true. A trip to New Zealand and Australia!!! This has been a lifelong dream for me. We have both had Australia as a goal, he has spent a month touring New Zealand before but wants to share it with me!

I told him I will be glad to look into it all with him. It will be rather expensive but we'll plan now for possibly next winter (that's when we hope to go).

I fell like the luckiest girl on the planet.

This is what life can be like with a new man. Life after divorce is not what I thought it was going to be.

Barb

OP Offline
Unresolved issues???

I heard that grief comes up at times when we least expect it. Like Sunday - sitting in the Little Mermaid Show. Thought of my Mom. Suddenly started to get all teary. I was thinking how sad it was she had missed Ashley's grad nearly 2 years ago. Weird!

I've had at least 3 dreams with Chuck in them since being on vacation - 2 of them when Josh was here (yuck!). But, like I said to him - it is hard to erase that many years from your mind (30 years of loving him).

Anyway, I think there must be some stuff I still need to process. In the first dream we were still a family, getting along fine. But I had to drive everywhere since he lost his licence.

In the other 2 dreams we were arguing and it got nasty. This is my reality. I think I'm still angry with him.

I guess it is natural to think of him or dream of him here since we had so many family vacations here.

He called Ashley's cel phone tonight. She did not answer because it would have cost her. He left a message "Let me know if we're getting together tommorrow night". She said to me - "Mom, he knows I am in Florida - I told him 3 times - is he planning to fly down". She thinks he is nuts too.

Crazy stuff. Unresolved issues.

Barb

F
FA Offline
F
Yeah, Ya sound crazy alright!

Man who walks with BIG stick!
Barb,

Sorry the unresolved grief and anger issues came up but wow things sound awesome in your life!!!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
OP Offline
Hi Fa and Pam,

Oh, it doesn't bother me at all. I think it is all part of the normal "processing" that goes on long after the split. For years - it is the same for many people. I just think it was on my mind because of the time we had done things together here. For me, it is always difficult to enter the Magic Kingdom - Happiest place on Earth. Why? Because we own a brick right in front of the entrance, right under the monorail track. You can find it in line with the Guest Services Entrance if you're into finding "hidden" things. And it has all of our names on it. And many times I've wanted to go there at night and chisel his name out. Of put gum on it or train a bird to poop on it. I must look into changing it. Just haven't got arount to it.

But Ashley's message was weird. She just shook her head and I asked if she thought she should reply. She said no. Besides - it is expensive to call Canada from here. Let him wonder. She said he sounded sick AGAIN. I think he is true Mid Life Crisis whether many believe in it or not. This man is more sick than well and has been from the time he left. Sick physically, emotionally and mentally. I'm glad to be rid of him.

Barb

L
L
You are like vacation brochure girl.

I can't wait to be able to afford to do all this, with my kids.

YAY.

I am glad you had fun.

Josh sounds wonderful. He adds to your already happy life.

That is great.

As for dreaming of him, well. YOu loved him for many years. Not easy to completely erase them. Especially if you have children.

You can see that, and that is all part of how far you have come.

Thank goodness your children have you.

Don't rub it in about the weather anymore, sheeeeeeeeeeesh

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard