Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Ill Equipped For A Life Of Sex is the name of a memoir that I think all you ladies with LD partners will appreciate. Check it out at amazon.

I don't mind the sun sometime The images it shows I can taste you on my lips And smell you in my clothes Cinnamon and Sugar And softly spoken lies You never know just how you look Through someone elses eyes BHS-"Pepper"
Sounds like the ultimate revenge thing... putting all your dirty laundry out for everyone to see, and charging admission!

TimV2.0

Me: 53
Her: 56
D26 (at home)
S23 (at home)
S18 (at home)

Formerly Tim47...
Actually it kind of sounds like this board, but with names and pictures! LOL!

This is from the amazon blurb (for those too lazy or busy to look it up ):
Quote:

When Jennifer Lehr found herself, at age twenty-eight, falling in love with a brilliant, kind, supportive comic named John, she breathed a sigh of relief. After a decade spent in a string of destined-to-fail relationships, and countless hours of therapy trying to repair the damage, her Mr. Right had come along.

Happily ever after? Not so fast. True love, Jennifer soon discovers, doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with a white-hot sex life. Just months into the relationship, she finds herself grappling with the question: What do you do when you find the committed, loving partnership you've always hoped for, but the sex is just so-so ... that is, when and if it happens at all? Distraught, yet dedicated to making their relationship work, Jennifer and John embark on couples therapy, twelve-step meetings, romantic getaways, Scheduled Date Nights ... and their gritty determination begins to pay off.

Looking back at her life (sexual history, botched romances, neurotic parents) while tracing her and John's bumpy progress toward marriage, what emerges is a provocative, courageously honest, poignant, and ultimately cheering chronicle of one woman's sexual odyssey.

I think I might need to read this.

H
H
OMG, they finally put my new memoir up for sale on Amazon. About time!

Seriously, though, I'm almost hyperventilating reading the back cover and flaps - her life is mine! I am tempted to buy the book - wonder if I can get it cheaper on half. Well, if I get it I'll do a book report here later.

H
H
P.S. You can read chapters one and two on her website: www.jenniferlehr.com - also, you can get the book for about $15 or less at www.half.com - not that anybody around HERE would be interested in a book like this, right?

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard