Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
M
M
Sounds like a nice visit, Azure. I am sure H will be pumping his mom for info.

Where ya going these next few days? Hope you are having a good time!

I was thinking I'd love to get together soon. Actually, I will be at a confernece the next few days myself but will be around at the beginning of next week.

Ciao bella,
maya

J
J
Hi Azure,

It sometimes amazes me that WAW's want to walk away, then often hash and rehash things the way they always were.

So glad of your visit with MIL, and what about this trip, I'm guessing you are back now, how was it, where did you go, what did you do? Nosy ain't I..

jenhoco

Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me, what a long, strange trip it's been. -- Grateful Dead
G
G
Azure, I do find it interesting that your H is willing to acknowledge his drinking as a factor in the breakup. Seems to me that's one of the first times he's mentioned something about *him*. And as much as you are so good at being introspective and willing to grow and change (and this is a good thing), I want you to know that this is SO much more about him than about you from what I can tell.

GBO

#332048 10/14/04 10:43 PM
Azure Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Azure,

Yeah, I'm very relieved over avoiding surgery and am starting to walk on the leg a little more and more every day. I'm now working on getting a temporary handicap parking permit from the doctor so I can drive to and from
work. I took the bus yesterday and it was really tough. It's too far of a walk at both ends and the bus lurches and brakes too much. By the time I got to work I was sweaty and cranky -- not a good way to start the
day.

[Friends] wedding sounds very nice. Was it painful or weird for you? I could see how it would be.

At some point it might be good for us to talk again about a few things.
Please forgive me if I am introducing this the wrong way, but I would love to have you come by my place for a visit, but as you know I'm seeing someone and wouldn't want the presence of some of her stuff in the apartment to upset you. She (Margaret) would really like to meet
you but I would respect your decision to want to delay some of that for
now ...

Ugh, am I digging myself into a hole, or are you open to discussing this more? It seems that not mentioning this issue is kind of avaoiding the elephant in the closet, but I also want to be sensitive to your feelings.

--H

#332049 10/14/04 11:17 PM
R
R
Oh Azure,
Did the letter from H hurt? Tell us your feelings. Get them out. Are you okay? What are you thinking? Big Hug!

He seems to be thinking about your feelings. That is a good thing. I'm sure it doesn't feel like a good thing right now. But take a little step and show him what you are made of.
Ron

My new goal #1. Find happiness and hold onto it. Forget everything else. It doesn't matter. (Happiness helpers: Respect, Friendship, Humor, Music, Passionate Sex)
#332050 10/14/04 11:48 PM
Hey Shemp!

It's me, Moe, and like Ron am hoping you will journal what you're feeling?

Thinking of you...

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
#332051 10/15/04 12:03 AM
J
J
Dear Azure,

Double yuck!!! I don't have any advice for you, (You know my method, offer to wash her laundry ) Just kidding..

It seems that H is very concerned about your reaction, react like dear Azure reacts!! Head High, high road, riding high.. ect..

jenhoco

Sometimes the lights all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me, what a long, strange trip it's been. -- Grateful Dead
#332052 10/15/04 12:39 AM
H
H
(((((((Azure)))))))),
I know it hurts, Hon. YUCK, indeed! I'll probably be up late tonight if you feel like talking. . .
I don't look forward to the day I get the same sort of message, but I also know that I would rather 'know' than not know . . .
Thinking of you!
Hugs,
-H2H

#332053 10/15/04 12:53 AM
Azure Offline OP
OP Offline
Um, I don't feel that good, really. These feelings harken back to the old days (and it's not that I didn't think he had a girlfriend). I have to sort through them. I guess I just question why I want to be friends with him. What is the ratio of good feelings to bad feelings? I haven't written back. I feel out of words right now. But he sent this about an hour ago:

Hi Azure,

I'm concerned that my last email may not have sat well with you or hurt your feelings. I'm sorry if that's the case.

In an effort to be honest and open with you I fear I may have hurt you.
You don't have to reply if you don't feel like it. I just wanted to let
you know what I was thinking.

--H

#332054 10/15/04 03:35 AM
Azure Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, that did knock me off my pins for a while. It was way too flashback-style reminiscent of "Ex-OW has such compassion for you because she's been through the same thing." [Do you know what I mean? That "compassion" from her was something I never felt.] But I am not into being this person of drama and sadness anymore. I had my big cry for the day. On the other hand, I am also not up for the scenario you proposed, at least at this time. This has all been a lot of hard work for me, but I'm proud of the work that I've done.

I don't know what I'm up for, really, except to continue re-writing my script for life.

Yes, the wedding was very hard in some ways. But they are a couple of people I really love.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard