Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2949772 04/26/24 05:01 AM
A
OP Offline
A
https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2948947#Post2948947

Ive been struggling with depression today. i keep going back to the night before my wife said she was divorcing me. we had an argument about christmas cards, every year we give each other christmas cards. she knew that I had already filled out my card and we both usually write a personal letter inside the card. she hadn't filled hers out and i asked her about it since it was 2 days after christmas and she started complaining about giving each other christmas cards that it was unnecessary. she then said she wasnt going to fill out my card because it wouldnt be a good card in her current mood and said she needed to be alone and stormed off upstairs. Im very intuitive and i felt something was off for 2 months so i followed her upstairs.

i need to note that i suffer from panic disorder and my anxiety was off the charts because of her behavior for the past 2 months. I needed answers because i couldnt take the lack of communication from her. I asked her if we were ok and she said yes, clearly a lie.

I know it doesnt matter now because its the past but i wonder where would i be at right now if we dint have that argument. more then likely right where im at now only at a later date. I keep putting the blame on myself even though i know it shouldn't be.

I feel like im living in a hotel room in my new apartment. it doesnt feel like home. I know its going to take time. I feel like a alcoholic trying not to drink with a bottle of whisky in front of me. my wife being the whisky. I keep wanting to talk to her and wonder what shes doing when the kids arent there. Im not going to call her and im trying not to think about her.

aphexx13 #2949780 04/26/24 07:50 PM
R
R
Originally Posted by aphexx13
https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2948947#Post2948947

Ive been struggling with depression today...I feel like im living in a hotel room in my new apartment. it doesnt feel like home. I know its going to take time. I feel like a alcoholic trying not to drink with a bottle of whisky in front of me. my wife being the whisky. I keep wanting to talk to her and wonder what shes doing when the kids arent there. Im not going to call her and im trying not to think about her.
Yup I relate...GAL helps. One thing that helped me was making my new place "Manly".

I have been going to "estate sales" lately and getting great prices on cool things. Even if I don't find anything, socializing with the people is fun.

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
2 members like this: DnJ, aphexx13
aphexx13 #2949781 04/26/24 07:59 PM
M
M
Offhand, I don't remember when your BD was. By reading your post, it sounds like it may have been more recently that you learned about your W's struggles. The card incident was purely the 'straw that broke the camels back'. If it weren't the card, it would've been something else that set her off. My BD was just over a year ago and I still have tough days (including today). I've learned so much and I'm not going to lie, I still feel at a loss at some point in most days. Still struggling to drop the rope and let him be God's to work through. It's hard to stop loving someone you've loved everyday for decades...and, mostly to stop loving them like we have for decades. Loving my H now is from afar. I love him by giving him space while watching him drink and use and in deep depression - but I've learned through trials and errors that I can't help him. It hurts to watch but know that it isn't your fight. It isn't your battle. I try to read about MLC and expected behaviors. That helps me realize that what he's going through is 'normal'. I also have signed onto many Instagramers who preach and explain bible verses. They inspire me and get me through. Taking walks with or without dogs help. Breathing fresh air is actually refreshing...really odd to think but these things work for me. I even got a second job just to get out of the house (and my head).

I'm so sorry you're in this position. I'm sending prayers your way.

H:49
Me:49
M:26; T:32
D21; S23
BD1: 2/13/2023
DB2: 9/24/2023
Moved out: 12/10/2023
2 members like this: DnJ, aphexx13
aphexx13 #2949782 04/26/24 09:25 PM
S
S
aphexx,

You have to try to stay busy. Idle time and an unoccupied mind are your biggest threats right now. The posters that have traditionally struggled the most have done GAL the worst. They would sit doing nothing large parts of the day, and then come here and talk about how much they struggle.

Stay busy. Occupy body and mind as much as possible. Get out and hang with friends, read and focus on learning new things. Exercise. Any minute you are sitting doing nothing gives your mind the opportunity to wander and start thinking about things you shouldn't.

Remember, struggling is a choice you get to make. Choosing to stay busy is how you choose not to struggle. It's within your control!

M(53), W(54),D(19)
M-23, T-25 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018
3 members like this: Ready2Change, DnJ, aphexx13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard