Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 38 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 37 38
P
P
Originally Posted By: CD Bear
I posted this on my thread alittle while go and thought it might ask some questions and provoke some thoughts here, too.

How do you 'set them" free and not be concerned about what they are doing to themselves and the family while continuing to put the effort into exposure; gathering intel and anything else that is directed at 'saving the marriage'? Seems very conflicted.

It is. That's why I've told you you need to pick one approach or the other. All of this "analysis" time would be better spent on GALing and doing legal research, CD. You can analyze the various approaches 'til the cows come home, but it's best to just pick one and DO it.

I also think that where there's infidelity involved, it's best to try Allen's approach first.

The beauty of going "Allen A" before you go "Gucci/Robx" is that you can still play the "Setting them free" card if the first doesn't turn them around.

Puppy

C
C
Sorry Puppy,
what is Allens A approach again?

M 43 W 43
S15 S 12 D 10
ILYBNILWY ( Dec 2009)
Sleeping separate rooms April 8 2010.
Sep as of 07/14/2010
W moving out 07/31/2010
No OM confirmed ( yet)
S
S
I'll clarify something I think may be confusing.

When I say my W is free I don't mean she is free to do anything she wants to. As far as her life is concerned, it is no concern of mine. But I do have boundaries.

I will act if her actions have a negative impact on my kids, on our ability to co-parent or a negative impact on a part of my life she has no business being in.

She can't bring any man into our house (right now we are rotating in and out of the house while the kids stay there as we fight over custody)

She can't treat me like a doormat or abuse me.
She can't endanger the health or well being of our kids.
etc...

Her personal life is hers and has nothing to do with me. I don't concern myself with it anymore.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
S
S
I also agree with Puppy. At the stage where there is infidelity involved I would definitely take the bust it up approach. After a certain point though the affair has no impact on events.

My W and I are physically separated; I got served D papers; we are fighting over custody. I have signs she has someone. So what. It has no impact on custody or a D in my state. It's her life, she can do what she wants. I don't care whether she has someone else or not at this point - it's irrelevant only because I have detached from her. Hope that makes some more sense.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
D
D
Quote:
My W and I are physically separated; I got served D papers; we are fighting over custody. I have signs she has someone. So what. It has no impact on custody or a D in my state. It's her life, she can do what she wants. I don't care whether she has someone else or not at this point - it's irrelevant only because I have detached from her. Hope that makes some more sense.

i thought detachment was loving them from a distance/hands-off approach. knowing you cannot control them but it doesn't mean you stop loving them.

the example you gave above, is beyond detachment.

P
P
Originally Posted By: cesco
Sorry Puppy,
what is Allens A approach again?

Aggressively work to bust the affair with everything you've got: confrontation of the cheating spouse, exposure to key family and other influencers, gathering intel to confirm the truth of what's going on, strong legal stance, etc.

Allen A posts prolifically over on the Infidelity forum. Just a casual reading of a half a dozen or so of his posts will give you a feel for the approach, as he's very methodical and consistent.

Puppy

P
P
Originally Posted By: steady
I'll clarify something I think may be confusing.

When I say my W is free I don't mean she is free to do anything she wants to. As far as her life is concerned, it is no concern of mine. But I do have boundaries.

I will act if her actions have a negative impact on my kids, on our ability to co-parent or a negative impact on a part of my life she has no business being in.

She can't bring any man into our house (right now we are rotating in and out of the house while the kids stay there as we fight over custody)

She can't treat me like a doormat or abuse me.
She can't endanger the health or well being of our kids.
etc...

Her personal life is hers and has nothing to do with me. I don't concern myself with it anymore.

Understood. That sounds like a very healthy way to look at it.

Puppy

S
S
Originally Posted By: DumpedforMIL
Quote:

i thought detachment was loving them from a distance/hands-off approach. knowing you cannot control them but it doesn't mean you stop loving them.

the example you gave above, is beyond detachment.

Where in there did I say I don't still love her? I wish her well. She's the mother of my children. She was my spouse for 9 years. I have no control over what she does, nor would I want any. Control is an illusion.

I'm not sure what a hands-off approach is. I can't see how a hands on approach would be healthy - I'm defining hands on as somehow trying to get them to be/do the way you think they should be/do.

I'm not sure what lies beyond detachment. I guess it would be an aggressive approach to make someone's life miserable?

I face the facts. She doesn't want to be with me. She wants a D. She may have someone else.

What's there for me to ponder and think about? Seems her position is crystal clear.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
C
C
Sting said it as well:

Quote:
"If You Love Somebody Set Them Free"

If you need somebody, call my name
If you want someone, you can do the same
If you want to keep something precious
You got to lock it up and throw away the key
If you want to hold onto your possession
Don't even think about me

If you love somebody, set them free

If it's a mirror you want, just look into my eyes
Or a whipping boy, someone to despise
Or a prisoner in the dark
Tied up in chains you just can't see
Or a beast in a gilded cage
That's all some people ever want to be

If you love somebody, set them free

You can't control an independent heart
Can't tear the one you love apart
Forever conditioned to believe that we can't live
We can't live here and be happy with less
So many riches, so many souls
Everything we see we want to possess

If you need somebody, call my name
If you want someone, you can do the same
If you want to keep something precious
You got to lock it up and throw away the key
If you want to hold onto your possession
Don't even think about me

If you love somebody, set them free.

Buenos Dias Amigos

Coach

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
S
S
yeah. And he also wrote that other one - Every Breath You Take. I consider that one a stalker's song...lol.

MySitch
Me-47
STBXW-41
D-5
S-8
ILYBNILWY-01/08
Want a D- 01/09
Physical Sep-01/10
D filed-06/10
Got 50% custody=09/11
Ride that wave!
Page 26 of 38 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 37 38