Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 38 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 37 38
P
P
What is wrong with being the rescuer? They are in pain. They are confussed. what is wrong with helping them?

P
P
Originally Posted By: par4me
What is wrong with being the rescuer? They are in pain. They are confussed. what is wrong with helping them?

Simple, Par. It's not good for you (doesn't work, makes you look weak and supplicating, and therefore unattractive to them) and it's not good for them, either (doesn't force them to deal with the natural consequences of their poor behavior, and so they learn nothing).

Other than that, it's a wonderful strategy. smirk

Puppy

D
D
Quote:
THERE is the difference ladies... I think most all of us men enjoy and like to be with a woman who thinks we are all of that and a loaf of bread... The difference is when we test you. If you fail those tests of your inner strength, then you are destined to lose him. We do need a little challenge to keep us on our toes...

gucci, what are these 'tests' that you speak of?

D
D
Quote:

isn't that a co-dependent mentality?
there isn't anything wrong with helping as long as you know your boundaries.

at some point you need to realize that they need to help themselves.

V
V
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Originally Posted By: par4me

Simple, Par. It's not good for you (doesn't work, makes you look weak and supplicating, and therefore unattractive to them) and it's not good for them, either (doesn't force them to deal with the natural consequences of their poor behavior, and so they learn nothing).

Other than that, it's a wonderful strategy. smirk

Puppy

Ah, there's the saucy response that makes me giggle ... grin grin grin Thanks for the laugh!!!

M & H: 40
M: 5.5 T: 7.5
OW: 7/09 Bomb: 9/09
Sep: 3/10 H files 7/10

still m'd, unsure how to procede

Soapie:
1: http://tinyurl.com/vulcanized1
2: http://tinyurl.com/vulcanized2
3: http://tiny.com/vulcanized3
F
F
Gucci,

I've been reading this and I'm happy to say that I've gotten my ducks in a row and I'm in the process of purchasing my home so W can move out. I'm letting go!!!

I've been struggling with my temper though, she manages to engage me in conversations that get me emotional. I'm really trying to "drop the rope" but what advice do you give couples who are stuck together in the same home.

I want to show her that I'm ok without her but she keeps dragging me down.....

M: 36
W: 29
S: 2.5
EA: 2/2010 OM1
D Bomb: 3/2010
PA: 6/2010 OM2
W moved out 8/2010
Loc: DE, USA
T
T
Quote:
I'm really trying to "drop the rope" but what advice do you give couples who are stuck together in the same home.

Tell me about it. I had a hard time with this phase. I think the standard advice is going to be find things to do outside the home if you can (sometimes I am on call for a week at a time, so that made it darn near impossible for that to happen then), and keep interactions civil.

I can't wait to hear better advice than this however. That would be good. Not that it applies to me anymore, but going dim so you can heal when somebody is right there was darn near impossible for me.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
N
N
I've got this issue too- living in same house for various reasons. I try to get out a lot, do my own thing when we're both home, etc. It's not perfect, but it's the best I can do when we're in the same house. Now, emotionally and mentally truly letting go, well, I'm not there yet. It's probably easier if you don't live together but if I weren't living with him, I think my thoughts and paranoia about what he's doing or who he's with would actually be MUCH worse--

-NB

NB's sitch
C
C
NB-
Also consider that HE would also start to wonder what YOU are up to and that's a good thing.

My 2c.

G
OP Offline
G
Quote:
I'm really trying to "drop the rope" but what advice do you give couples who are stuck together in the same home.

One of you move. If they won't then you DO..

I would not hesitate to move if my wife was wayward and she wouldn't move...

I WILL NOT live, stay or be with a woman who doesn't freely want to be with me. It is either she move or I move, but ONE of us WILL move.....

Page 18 of 38 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard