aph,

Originally Posted by aphexx13
my wife still hasnt turned in the divorce papers. shes being very cruel about the whole thing. i told her i want to get this done so we can move past this and heal. she has nothing to gain by stalling.

I forget which quotes I found it in or I'd post the links, perhaps someone else can post the sources, but some of the most useful advice was to separate the government paperwork from the rest of the process. Those papers are just the business side of it. We too often conflate officialdom with the rest of our life.

Every other part of your life is something you can do with or without them. You can move past without them. You can heal without them. You can arrange for your daughter without them. You can live YOUR life just about any way you chose without them. On YOUR timeline.

I have read so many posters here who were in year 3 or 5 or 7 or 10+ without final papers! The successful ones were living their lives as they saw fit. Being sad where there is badness. Taking joy where there is goodness. It takes away fear and returns to you control of how you live your life. I seek to be that strong!

g