Thanks for checking in MrP. The BIL situation is difficult and my biggest concern is that I am getting too butthurt over it. My initial feedback to them was that they were put in a terrible position and I had no hard feelings. That slowly morphed into a sense that they took sides and protected their sister. Would I have done the same? I don't know. It's for me to forgive and I'm working on it.

The larger issue is that certain friends and acquaintances knew and never said anything, one of whom I asked directly. He denied it to protect my W. Those people are easier to cut out and forget.

Valid point about being comfortable being alone. The truth is I am very ok with being alone, and a lot of my GAL is bc my default mode is to hang at home - I love to socialize but I need to take the initiative to do so.

I learned early on in this process that when the emotions well up, they need to be released. The first time I cried I was shocked at how much better I felt afterwards. Ever since then I allow myself that release.