Just stopping by to see how others are doing and share a quick update. My L sent my wife's L our resposne to the divorce complaint. W broke down in tears while cooking a bit after reading my response. I had my L make some adjustments to the standard responses where the "respondent" simply affirms or denies statements in the divorce complaint (side note - how silly and archaic is this process). The main thing that upset W is that, in resposne to a standard statement about the "objects of matrimony" being destroyed beyond all hope for reconciliation, I asked my L to state that I "neither agree or disagree with that statement, leaving complainant (W) to her proofs" meaning I don't know if there is not hope for reconciliation. W said it bothered her that I wouldn't agree with her (that there isn't hope for reconciliation).

I said that I can see why from her perspective my agreeing may feel better. She was also upset that my L initially pushed back about either party getting child support. I stated that I understood that to be "boilerplate" language much like language W's attorney used in the complaint. It is likely in our state that W will get something (my income is double hers); no need to get into that in response to what W was saying at the time. I'm fired as an H and also her L. I ended the discussion by saying "I recongize this is a difficult time" and then said I was going to let D13 know dinner would be ready soon, giving W some time to regain her composure.

That's all for now folks.