Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
G
Originally Posted by BL42
Originally Posted by bttrfly
He's got a great life with his kids, hobbies, friends and work. He's not lonely at all.
Kids, hobbies, friends, and work are great. I totally get that. But they're also not the same as having a meaningful romantic relationship with someone you trust and can be a long term partner with.

Guess what I'm saying is...while I'm glad to hear people are living such full lives, it's also a bit sad there's so little interest in making a true genuine romantic connection.

Who knows, like I said...maybe I'll feel the same in 20 years.

I agree. I don’t think people seek out romantic partnership because their lives aren’t interesting or full enough. It’s just a different kind of connection that can’t be replaced by a bowling league. Lol. Some people I guess are fine without it and the benefits to them do not outweigh the work it might take/ keep that romantic relationship. But I don’t think that is mutually exclusive of having a whole bunch of hobbies and family connection.

G
G
….. and lord help me if I have to hear this woman say and explain “I am chaperoning my sons 5th grade dance tonight”

WE KNOW! WE HEARD IT 1000000000 times since Monday !!!!’

B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Ginger1
….. and lord help me if I have to hear this woman say and explain “I am chaperoning my sons 5th grade dance tonight”

WE KNOW! WE HEARD IT 1000000000 times since Monday !!!!’
???

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

"Someone I loved once gave me
A box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand,
That this too, was a gift."
~ Mary Oliver
B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
oh. the nutjob in the office w u....

lord have mercy

and it's not so much about romantic connection as it is about naahh, i'm good!

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
and I forgot one crucial thing:

I ALWAYS swipe left on any man wearing Yankees gear.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
B
B
Originally Posted by bttrfly
and I forgot one crucial thing:

I ALWAYS swipe left on any man wearing Yankees gear.
You have a lot of swipe left criteria bttrfly - who would've thought winning an Emmy was a negative, like Mach40 not liking grad degrees - but I can support this one. Also NJ Devils gear ;-)

Me:39 Ex-W:37
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:3
BD/IHS/Confirm EA/PA: Feb '20
OM1 affair ends: May '20
W/OM2 & moves out: June-July '20
W files for D: Jul20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020
Divorced: May '21
1 member likes this: Mach40
B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
So why did I pass on that particular guy?

I thought it was plain. 6 kids. . . if each kid has a partner, that's 12 people. if each kid has one kid, that's 6 more people. Kids from large families tend to grow up to have large families of their own so we can probably guess there would be more than 6 grandkids. And siblings. And the siblings partners. And friends. And the friends partners. And ....

TOO MANY EXTRANEOUS PEOPLE.

I don't want to meet your people.

I'm having a tough enough time meeting you, lol.

That's where the train derailed in spectacular fashion ....

but since you brought that up, I didn't swipe left because he won an Emmy, but his posting that photo did give me pause.

Why?

Let me find out how great you are organically.

The people I know who have been wildly successful in life haven't had to brag about it anywhere, and I respect them all the more for it.

So, once more, for those in the back of the room: it's not posting the Emmy, it's using it as clickbait that I find unattractive.

One of the most important people in my life, ever, won every award his company had. He was extraordinary in every way. He didn't brag about his awards. If you weren't invited to his home you wouldn't have known about them, as his awards lined his office, and in the middle of them, facing his desk, was a framed baby picture of ME, because I was the apple of his eye, his little princess, and to me, that man hung the moon.

Do you know where his awards and trophies are right now?

In a box, in a storage shed in my back yard.

I learned at 30 years old that you could be the absolutely best in your field and it didn't matter in the end, or save you from lying in a bed staring at a ceiling hallucinating for the last three years of your life while your family lost you a piece at a time.

So, I'm happy for the winners, for the people who achieve, and I'm proud of my friends and family members who have success. But I never forget that all of that is fondant. What really matters is who you are, not what you do, how you contribute to the world around you and how you treat those you love who also love you. And, it's also how you treat those you don't know, servers, the gas station guy, the lady checking your groceries for you, the bag boy.

So no, I wasn't impressed by his posting that Emmy. I'd be more impressed if we ever met and he was nice to the server or the bus boy.

hope that clarifies my position.

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
K
kml Offline
K
"UGH GETMEOUTTAHERE THAT'S WAY TOO MANY EXTRANEOUS PEOPLE!!!!!!"

Lol - this cracks me up that this was your response to 6 kids. MY response would be: "Is he super religious? Or does he have 3-6 baby mommas? Is he broke from paying for college for 6 kids? Will he even have any time to date?"

I think your screening process for OLD is pretty on point. However, the ex-SEAL should have been disqualified just on that basis. I worked in the Navy hospital here during medical school, and trust me, Navy SEALs are mostly really crazy.

K
kml Offline
K
As for the pets - I think it's a GOOD idea to put your pet pictures in the profile. I mean, if a guy has cats, and a woman is highly allergic to cats (or vice versa) that helps avoid a whole lot of wasted time. Plus, most pet people think it says something good about another person if hey are pet people too. (And those who DON'T like pets can be forewarned.)

Just don't be like the Santa Claus guy I saw in his bathrobe holding a duck. That was just TOO weitd for me.

2 members like this: job, bttrfly
B
bttrfly Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I never dated the ex Seal, we were colleagues, both Italian, who whole-heartedly agreed to never date italians, lol

M 20+ T25+
S ~15.5 (BD)
BD 4/6/15
D 12/23/16

A box full of darkness.
~ Mary Oliver
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard