Originally Posted by smilie
Originally Posted by SteveLW
smilie, I'd encourage you to look at ways to improve your financial situation. I know you've put all of your eggs in a singular basket. Not sure how the courts over the operate but here they can take a longgggggggggg time. Not sure if your expectations for a quick resolution are aligned with reality

I have done all can re financial situation. The order is for an 'emergency interim order' and should be heard at the latest this week - mind you should have been heard a week or so ago.

These are not my expectations - my lawyer has advised me to wait for the courts. I don't know what else I can do at this stage. I have just sent an email asking her for an update.

I just really wish I could work and bring in an income - I have wanted this for so long now. Life seems like I have woken up inside a really bad dream.

I've never known anyone that improved their situation with wishes. Admittedly, I don't know your circumstance but find out difficult to believe that you have no options. Heck you used to work in IT. We are doing that from home these days!! And if you can't even do that, I find it hard to believe you can't get disability on a country as open to social programs as yours.

Anyway, I hope they courts move on it. But I would want to have more of my own fortune in my own hands.

M(52), W(53),D(17)
M-20, T-23 Bomb Drop - Dec.23, 2017
Ring and Piecing since March 2018