Update time...

TDH went back home last Thursday so was here for a week. Funny how quickly a week can go by. It was great to have him here and to have someone to come home to after work for those four days. He and SD20 have really formed a friendship and I have a hilarious video of them when she decided to give him a facial. There was a part where she put a towel over his face and ice cubes where his eyes were. His comments had both of us doubled over. She says she loves his energy and that he is such a “dad”. He is genuinely interested in other people, young or old, and that comes across. MIL really likes him too. He is almost flirty with her - she comes up the stairs and he greets her with “hey girlfriend” and she instantly smiles and laughs.

Since his return home, he has called or texted daily. He’s been spending a lot of quality time with his kids so it is usually in the morning and the evening that I hear from him with some short “hi” texts in between to let me know he is thinking about me. My kids are going back to their dad’s on Friday so I’m heading over to the mainland to spend time with him there. He really wants me to meet his kids and they apparently want to meet me too. Saturday is Hallowe’en so the plan is for us to take his daughter trick or treating (his son stopped going last year) and supposedly his ex is coming too.

I’m not sure how that is going to go. I think she is curious about me but from what he has said, not very happy that I am in the picture. She cheated on him and was in a relationship with OM for a couple years before he ended it over text on NYE (quality guy there) saying he didn’t want to be a step dad. This summer she found out he is engaged to a woman with kids so that news stung. Since then she hasn’t found anyone else and has come to rely on TDH to be there whenever she calls. So having him away for days at a time has been an adjustment and I think has probably caused her to look back on what it was she gave up... a loyal family-oriented guy who would give you the shirt off his back and who was 100% committed to his marriage. He’s still that guy only now his loyalties and love are focused on a different woman and I’m sure that stings a bit. Karma is a b*tch. I have told him that I am fine with whatever but also perfectly happy to find something else to do for a couple hours if he thinks it will be too awkward to have us both there. I’m happy to meet her as I have no issue with her at all but I’m not sure she is feeling the same way. Guess we will see...

The rest of my life is ticking along. Pretty worried about my friend with MS. She is getting intense steroid treatments for the next week and if that doesn’t help her, they are considering chemotherapy. My sister and I have been planning our trip with her to give her something to look forward to but I’m worried that we have set her up for a big disappointment. Really hoping this latest treatment makes a difference.

Time to get ready for work. (((HUGS))) to all!!

Me 51
H 46
B/G Twins 11
SD19
Legal SA - January 2019
Divorce filed - June 2019
Divorce final - November 2019

Together 14 years
Married 12 years
BD1 - May 2014
BD2 - September 14, 2018