Journaling...

Spent last weekend with TDH on the mainland. We spent most of our time doing the “tourist in my own town” thing. Went to a tiny town that I love about an hour’s drive away from his place and perused the shops and the farmer’s market. Bought TDH’s mom a fall flower arrangement to decorate her table at Thanksgiving which TDH says is the one dinner she goes “all out” for. Saturday dinner didn’t happen because his mom had to work so we needed up going out for dinner instead. We finally had dinner with his mom on Monday and she taught me how to play a new card game. I won one and she won one so before I left, she said I had to come back and play the tie breaker. She also invited me to Thanksgiving dinner but I had to decline because I’m doing dinner for my family. Still...nice to be invited.

TDH and I are still doing really well. Every time we spend time together, I notice more things about him that I really love...

1. He makes sure when we are walking down the street that he is on the side of traffic so if a car veered off track, he would be the first one hit.
2. Since my surgery, he insists on carrying my purse because he thinks it is too heavy.
3. His toenails are different colours because his 9 year-old daughter loves to paint nails.
4. Sunday night, at his suggestion, we played a “game’ where we took turns throwing out a random word and talking about a memory or thought that the word triggered. He LOVED that game and we learned a lot about each other’s childhood.
5. He wears his heart on his sleeve and isn’t scared to tell me what he is feeling.
6. He compliments me all the time and notices things about me that other people don’t...or at least never mention.
7. He thinks I’m beautiful and seems oblivious to my physical flaws.

There are lots more but suffice it to say, I’m a happy camper. smile

Me 51
H 46
B/G Twins 11
SD19
Legal SA - January 2019
Divorce filed - June 2019
Divorce final - November 2019

Together 14 years
Married 12 years
BD1 - May 2014
BD2 - September 14, 2018