Originally Posted by Mumin

I guess I should add that I have started texting a girl on a dating app.
She is well aware of my situation and just said "I can handle it".
She seems fun but not sure shes my type and I am not looking for anything serious (which Im not sure she is aware of).
I think its Ovr who talks about getting mojo back and I can feel I really need it.

Mr Brightside bangs his head against a brick wall ...

I think its Ovr who talks about getting mojo back and I can feel I really need it.

So to get your Mojo back you need to start dating

WTF ?

Read back over the past 2 months of posts - You are up, down and sideways with emotion...

Over the past few weeks you are seeing things a lot clearer ( as you probably realise things are now final and accepting them ) - And your next move is to join a dating app..

Seriously

You still have a lot of work to do on you !

She is well aware of my situation and just said "I can handle it".

Broken people ATTRACT broken people..

Most rational people would say "hmmm, it sounds like you really need to sort yourself out "

but not sure shes my type

So why waste time on her then...

Priorities = wrong

Priorities should be Kids, Kids, Kids - and when not with the kids - self improvement - work on you.. Work on being alone and content with being alone.. Your mentality is - dont want to be lonely - dating app equals quick fix..

I have posted more times than i can count about broken people dating - especially with kids involved.. I reckon it falls on deaf ears 90% of the time, as they "ego / dopamine hit" sends rational out of the window..

Here is a good example of the consequences - and im sure Wolfman was one of many who thought dating was fine.. until all the brokeness and consquences hit home !

Originally Posted by Wolfman
That was one of my biggest problems. Being alone, everyone said get use to it but I was so fearful. I was having massive panic attacks way back. At first the limerance was great (of course) with my GF, I felt like I found someone, someone who I could love and love me back. But I was so broken and fearful I ignored the warning signs a few months back. My fear and selfishness put me in a real situation now. I just want to work on my relationship with my kids, I need to work on myself and figuring out what I want in life. My divorce made me panic about my life and my future, yet everyone warned me what to do and how to move forward. I let my anxiety control me, I wasnt in control of my anxiety. Honestly Im still not, I am a lot better but I still have a long way to go.

Serious food for thought Mummin

Previous username - Helpme123.. A name chosen at a desperate time..

Now Mr Brightside.. coming out of my cage, and doing just fine.