Originally Posted by MrBrside
Originally Posted by Mumin
Realizing more and more how much I will miss my kids on the "off"-weeks.
Damn you W for forcing this!

Turn it on its head.. Maxamise the enjoyment you have on the "on week".. Show them you are the best dad in the world - Don't make the mistake so many parents make - So many times i visit places with my kids, to see the dads ( mums are worse actually ) just "there", but not really there - they are on the phone or just sat on a bench , with zero interaction with the children - yet they feel they are being a great dad / ticking a box by taking the kids to the park etc..Thats not good parenting.. Give the children 100% of your time on the on-weeks... they will love it and appriciate it.. Then you will sleep soundly knowing they are 100% happy on the 50% of the time they see you.. Its making the best of a bad situation.

Mumin - I hear you. That's the biggest part I struggle with right now too, half the children's lives. But MrBrside makes a great point...I took the kids to the pumpkin farm on Saturday and on a hike in the Fall foliage on Sunday and we had a great time. It's harder without a partner to help but also more engaging. Just love them and give them the best of you!

Me:39 W:36
M:7 T: 9
S:6 D:2
BD/IHS/Suspect OM: 2/15/20
Discovered EA & PA: 3/5/20
W/OM1's work & OM1's W know: 5/20
W moves out: 6/20-7/20
W w/OM2: 6/20-7/20
W files for D: 7/20
OM2 confirmed: 9/2020