Week three of recovery is over and I am back at work. Still pretty slow with the courts only just starting to get back into the swing of things. I did get a new client referral, however, that I am thrilled about. A boy that I had worked with at my old job and had to transfer him to someone else. I was worried he would not connect with the new therapist and apparently that is what happened. I talked to his mom yesterday and they are really happy that I am going to be working with him again.

TDH ended up staying until Sunday morning so he was here for six days. He was so great to have around. He made me meals, mowed my lawn, cleaned my kitchen, did laundry and chatted with my MIL like they were old friends (she says he's a "keeper")...SD20 too. My kids were here for one day and he played board games with them and helped my daughter with her sparring techniques (TKD).

I am heading to the mainland this weekend to see him. I will be meeting his mom for the second time and he's got a dinner planned on Saturday to introduce me to some other family members. He checks in with me every day and we've started playing online Scrabble games which is pretty fun. We had a really good talk when he was here visiting. He asked me to go steady...lol. Well...that's my term for it. He said he wants to be clear with me that he is not looking to date anyone else and that he hasn't done the distance thing before but is committed to giving it his best shot. I'm giving it my best too so I guess we'll see how it goes.

So...new topic... I listened to an interview of Esther Perel yesterday who was talking about affairs and why people have them and she said something really powerful that resonated with me...

"When you are attracted by the gaze of another, it isn't just because you want to leave the person you are with. It is because you want to leave the person that you yourself have become. It isn't because you want to meet somebody else but it is that you want to meet another self. There is no greater other than a different version of yourself." When I look at who my XH was and who he is now, I feel like truer words were never spoken.

(((HUGS))) to all!!!

Me 51
H 46
B/G Twins 11
SD19
Legal SA - January 2019
Divorce filed - June 2019
Divorce final - November 2019

Together 14 years
Married 12 years
BD1 - May 2014
BD2 - September 14, 2018