Ginger,
Sorry you are feeling depressed. I am curious when was the last time you went on vacation? Being able to step away from normal routine often works wonders. Perhaps take a long weekend off from work and get out of town to the beach or a resort? Don't do anything hectic. Just get some sun, get a massage and do other things that are relaxing. More importantly, give your mind a break from everything you have been dealing with. The problems will still be there waiting for you when you get back, but taking some time to recoup will help you get stronger in facing them.

Originally Posted by Ginger1

I donít like my life. Iíve been doing nothing but trying to make it a great one, but Iím officially defeated. I give up. Iíve worked so hard for what? To be alone and in pain both physically and mentally? Itís not a way to live a life.

There is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson ďThe purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.Ē

As a nurse and first responder, especially during this pandemic, you are making a difference in people's lives. I feel that your life has great purpose and eventually karma will find a way to repay you for all the doing you are doing.

I am truly sorry you are in pain and I hope things get better soon.Stay strong in the meantime till that happens.

((hugs))