Thanks. Iím feeling a bit better every day. Had my first post-op appointment today with my surgeonís nurse. A really nice guy with the same name as my son. I told him I had to take one of my heavy pain meds to go sleep last night and when he removed the dressing, he saw that I had accidentally pulled one of my drains half way out and since they are sutured into my skin, it made sense. Anyway...he removed both drains and my dressing. Originally I had planned to return to work on the 22nd but I donít think I will be ready to sit at a desk for 8 hours a day so Iím taking another week. I checked in with my staff today and things are as slow as when I left so they donít really need me to rush back. So Iím going to take the extra time.

Next week, there is another sticky layer that comes off and then they put some sort of silicone on or something like that. He says he will explain it all next week. My belly button bandage comes off then too. My stomach looks pretty flat despite the swelling and the skin looks good so I think Iím going to like the results. The nurse at the clinic said I will really enjoy how strong I will feel with my core muscles back in place. Hopefully it is what I needed to stop by back from giving out periodically which it has been doing since my kids were born.

Kids are home today and are with me until Monday when they go back to their dadís. Monday TDH is coming over to ďlook afterĒ me. Heís been wanting to do that since my surgery but weíre not really at the stage where I am okay with him seeing me at my worst. I know it doesnít matter to him (he says) but it definitely matters to me. The first week or two after surgery is definitely sister time...lol. Anyway... I should be standing straight by then and fully showering on my own without needing any help drying off as Iím already about 90% there. It will be great to see him. Weíve been missing each other a lot.

Exchanged a number of texts with XH last night. Just some housekeeping items and tv show recommendations. We continue to have really positive interactions. I think me having a boyfriend helps in some ways. He doesnít have to worry about me reading anything into our interactions the way I think he used to when BD first happened. I stopped doing that long ago but he doesnít necessarily know that.

So...not much new to report. Nothing much happens when you are basically confined to your house. Today was the first day Iíve left it since I got home from my surgery. Hope all is well with everyone in DB land. (((HUGS)))

Me 51
H 46
B/G Twins 11
SD19
Legal SA - January 2019
Divorce filed - June 2019
Divorce final - November 2019

Together 14 years
Married 12 years
BD1 - May 2014
BD2 - September 14, 2018