Thanks KML. Luckily, childcare is not an issue. I have his mom and my sister if I need a break. My sister already told me that if I need a weekend away, she will come and stay with the kids. For me, I think it is more about the assumptions he makes that I will just be there...takes me back to when we were married and he left me on my own with the kids while he went off for his “treatments”. As DnJ says...the end result will be the same. I will take them regardless. He’s just never cared about how things impact me so I guess I shouldn’t expect him to care now.

Day five of healing from my surgery. Getting a bit better every day but it sure feels slow. The only surgery I’ve had before was my c-section and I recall it took a couple weeks for me to be really up and around. Of course, the first year of my kids’ lives is a complete blur so who knows. Just keeping my fingers crossed that my drains can come out on Wednesday. It will really help with my mobility. Looked up the timeline for healing from this. I’ve read so many different ones that I’m not sure what to believe. I could do without the stomach binder but that apparently stays on anywhere between two weeks and three months. That is quite a discrepancy. I think it will be longer than two weeks for sure but three months seems like a lot. Ginger...do you recall how long it took your friend?

Me 51
H 46
B/G Twins 11
SD19
Legal SA - January 2019
Divorce filed - June 2019
Divorce final - November 2019

Together 14 years
Married 12 years
BD1 - May 2014
BD2 - September 14, 2018