As always, I'm a day late and a dollar short, so my comments are lagging behind, but I agree with what Fogg said a few posts back. Girl, cut yourself some slack. You CAN say no to these things occasionally. Your daughter is plenty old enough to understand that you have a life outside of her dad since you are no longer coupled and you do NOT have to play big happy family just to protect her. Sure, do that for her birthday, because that is your tradition and you should totally continue that, but just random invites for movie nights and the like....h3lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no. And, I think I said it when you first mentioned it, but you don't even have to have an actual reason for saying no. You don't owe him or his wife anything and you certainly don't have to justify yourself, so if you aren't interested in going and hanging out and playing nice, just say "no thanks" and then roll on and do your thing by yourself. I promise your daughter will survive it.

Hang in there with the hormonal teenager years. They can be quite a ride, but when y'all get through it (and you will, even if it seems pretty iffy sometimes), the other side will be amazing. Trust me...I see it from the other side now where my girls are all adults and those mornings screaming at each other and me and their dad because a shirt doesn't fit right or they don't have eye shadow to match seem like some weird tv show that I watched rather than the life I lived.

I'm sorry you are feeling so isolated and alone. It [censored] at any time, but this year even more so with all of the craziness in the world surrounding Corona. Hopefully you can find some normalcy to focus on and get you through.

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to in the last couple of sentences, but girl, you are SO far from weak. Stop doing that to yourself because you just are not weak nor are you a martyr. You got ALL this. wink

Me 50, H52
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
4 grandkids (plus 2 on the way)