Yeah, the movie and wine thing is just so weird.....

As for his wife talking to you, a few things you said made me remember a situation I had with my ex while we were still living together. At one point several months into living sperate we started alternating who had the bedroom. I would be in the room watching the movie and she would come to the doorway to talk about about random [censored]. Iíd pause the movie and it would turn into her standing there for sometimes up to 2 hours telling me about her day at work. Now at the time I overthought the hell out of this and I really didnít know wtf was happening. This is duding the time she was texting and sneaking around with the co-worked she left me for and we both knew that was the case. The one who had another girlfriend at the same time too. Eventually I realized it wasnít about me, I was just someone who would listen and she didnít have that at the time. Being heard and validated is a powerful thing and people crave it, sometimes it has nothing to do with us past that.. Your D saying no one listens to her, but you do, is shat made me remember that. Just some thoughts.

Glad you have some relief from the poison ivy! You might want to stay away from other poisonous plants....

Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be