No gigs so I've been lax about practicing but I'm gearing up to start taking some online lessons which would motivate me to play more.

CMM will find out about chemo at his next appointment which is in a week I think. I would expect they would start him back on something then but maybe not. He's still feeling pretty good except for his back pain which is a chronic problem from before his cancer, and his peripheral neuropathy which was present before but aggravated by the chemo. He had a poor night's sleep last night due to pain but when he got up this morning he found his evening dose of morphine on the floor so.....

As for my young friend - it's frightening to thin about where he would be without an advocate. Even though he's done a pretty good job of advocating for himself because this is not his first rodeo, he's pretty much come up against a brick wall with his HMO. I imagine he'd just have to wait until his symptoms are critical and he has to be hospitalized? It's really unacceptable. Even if they legtimately think his neuro exam doesn't fit and this must be somatoform, there's a kind, appropriate way to validate the patient as you tell them this, then there's a rude dismissive way. This was rude and dismissive and that's just not acceptable.