Wow..

I never expected this thread to be bumped.

So to answer your question.. I’ve a lovely 600 mile round trip planned to purchase an Impreza RB 320… Not to everyone’s taste, but a car I have always wanted ( I already own an Impreza RB 5 ) – both of these are limited edition Impreza’s in the UK..

They dropped in value a few years back but WAW wouldn’t entertain another car… These are shooting back up in value ( I’m paying £5000 more than I would have in 2014 ), so want one before they get to silly silly money..

Scenes as I’m back commenting on my own post, ( I tend to comment on other posts but never intended to resurrect this one - I genuinely feel like I was a different person who wrote some of this stuff.. I never intended on updating this thread, as it was a different time and definitely a different life. ) I’ll add an update

Life is going great. Like really great

I’ve been at the same company for 19 years, and a staff member ( she’s been here 6 years ) commented the other day how I am a different person now compared to how I was for the last 6 years. Another staff member who has known me for the 19 years said “actually he’s not , he’s just back to how he was before he met WAW”

My own mother has commented on how she is so happy that me and WAW separated - “you became a different person when you got together and were never really happy”

So when I say great, I feel like I did when I was 30 before I met the WAW. The only added bonus now is my children into the mix.

I think the treat of the car this weekend will be the icing on the cake 😊 apart from the silly MPG and extortionate road tax.

I have changed a lot in the past 8 months.. well not so much changed, just gone back to how I was before I met WAW and then slid into that provider roll.

And on reflection I think that’s what I became, which didn’t aid my situation..

I became complaisant compared to the me in 2010 – Less gym time, same old clothes, same old routine.. Not attractive qualities

My mindset now is back to 2010 – yes I provide for my children, but the focus is on me, my children and having fun.

As for the WAW – she still trying to use the kids as leverage but i refuse to speak to her apart from hi and bye on drop-offs.. Everything is done over txt and she still try’s to push the boundaries – but I stay strong, which usually sees her make random threats.. But they hold no weight and I just ignore.

No doubt she is Cluster B – Either BPD or NPD -maybe a bit of both – But at least I understand why things were the way they were for 8 years.

She broke down like a baby in November when she told me she had made a parents evening appointment for us – I just said Id booked my own slot with the teachers as I wouldn’t be going with her.

Her and OM3 broke up ( I actually guessed because she started to harass me over txt multiple times a day with random stuff ) in October. Sounds odd to write, but I wished they hadn’t as she suddenly wanted to see the kids more ( she often asked me to have them on extra days )

Mutual friend told me a few weeks back that they are trying to make it work again – which suits me as she has already asked me to have the children for an extra weekend in March… I’m indifferent on it really – Which again is a 180 to 12 months ago. I just want to be left in peace – Ironic really – 12 months ago I wanted that magic bullet to fix this – now I just want her to leave me in peace.

I came here as a typical provider – the same as so many other LBS – looking for a way to fix the situation.. Typical Mr nice guy…

With the help of the Vets on here, reading ‘no more Mr Nice Guy’ and ‘Dads starting over’ site I am back to the guy I used to be…

I dress well, gym dedication has paid off, and I smell nice – I get lots of compliments – which all adds to the confidence.

I wont make the same mistakes again – I’ve leant a lot in the last 12 months and feel truly fortunate.

For any new LBS – Life is hell – your head is a mess – you can’t eat – cant sleep – We have all been there… BUT ….

Focus on you – drop the rope – move on with your life – Life has so much to offer – so go and enjoy it..

My username is from my favourite song – Mr Brightside – The Killers…

This sums me up

“Coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr. Brightside”

Previous username - Helpme123.. A name chosen at a desperate time..

Now Mr Brightside.. coming out of my cage, and doing just fine.