Originally Posted by kas99
I read some after D stories and honestly is anyone other than the people that walked out happy?

My W walked out, and I thought my life was over. I was a miserable, depressed wreck. Over a year and a half later, we were divorced. By then , I was the happiest I have been in years. I never thought happiness like this could exist. It was the principles of DB'ing that got me there. I learned to detach and not get caught up in the $hitshow she was creating. I began to live my life for myself and my kids. I GAL'd like no other and realized my happiness was my responsibility and no one else's. I learned that loving myself was more important than dwelling on how unfair I thought everything was. Now I am a single father with full custody of my 3 small children and loving it. As cliché as it sounds, appreciate what you have. You say you have no family, just your kids. I say you have a wonderful family of kids. As much as it hurts right now, remember that you're alive, and that's half the battle. Enjoy your life with your kids. It's too short to waste on anyone that doesn't want to be a part of it...

Me: 38
W:31
Kids: S16(mine from previous R), D10, S9, S4
M: 10 years
T:12 years
BD:Jan 3, 2018
W moved out: Apr 13,2018
Filed for D: Jun 2018
D final: Sep 2019

"Surrender to the Flow"...