Karma will even things out eventually.

I want to believe this.

My ex looked like he had everything

I'm so there. New girlfriend, promotion, nice house, out every night, life appears grand.

But life has a way of bringing you back to reality. His essential unhappiness didnít disappear when he dumped me. Heís alienated his children and now cries poor to them even though his income has been twice mine.

My H got me to believe that I was the sole source of his unhappiness and it has done a number on me. Logically I know he's an unhappy person because nothing was ever enough. Its just hard to remember this on days like today.

My life hasnít been perfect but Iím happy in my work, have the love and respect of my children, Iíve played music on stages with famous people and my joints donít hurt!

Your stories make me happy and give me hope. I love my job, my kids are great, they love me, I have great friends, they love me too I just feel like I was thrown out like an old couch or something. Traded in for a newer, younger model who is of course so much better than me. The mind movies are tough sometimes...

what looks better isnít always, and wherever they go, they take their unhappy selves with them.

Why is this so hard to grasp? It's so easy to buy into the concept that money, a hot wife, a house on the beach makes for pure bliss.