CanBird,

Everyone has given you sage advice...the advice kml has provided is golden. Read and reread what she has posted. Definitely take 50% of the money from the other account and put it in an account w/your name. You are entitled to that 50%. If you don't, he may very well take all of it out to pay off debts.

I do agree w/DnJ, he is in crisis and he's one confused puppy. He is doing the exact same things that my xh did before he flew the coop to be w/his affair partner. He is trying to clean up loose ends because he's feeling guilty for what he's done and is trying to make things smoother in his escape to fantasy island.

You need to go after everything that you and your child are entitled to and it needs to be put in writing by a lawyer...the sooner the better. You need to strike while the iron is hot because they do tend to flip on what they promise in the beginning. He is desperate to escape and will say and do anything to get you to agree to his terms. Don't agree to anything w/o a lawyer looking things over.

I would definitely speak to the MIL about this situation and be up front w/her. No sugar coating this situation.

We are all here for you. Post as often as you need to.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.