Originally Posted by Coconut
First, let me just say, I am not interested in dating her, she is very religious now and I have no interest in following the path that would be needed to be with someone like that. With that said, has anyone here ever met up with someone that they held dear from the past and have it change the way you feel about those memories after meeting?

Coconut,

I've never met up with someone that I held dear in the past so I can't answer your question. However, I would like to address the religious thing. I grew up in a very religious family, but I didn't really care for religion. I told everyone that I didn't inherit the religious gene. I still don't consider myself religious, but thanks to a Canadian, Jordan Peterson, I do have a much different perspective about religion and religious people. I could go on at length, but the point I'd like to make is that your ex-girlfriend has gone through a very difficult time recently and it's very normal for people to embrace religion during difficult times. It doesn't mean that they'll necessarily force you into a strict religious lifestyle.

Here's the thing; the two of you had a great relationship in the past. She told you that she doesn't want to be in a relationship, but she would like to "catch up" with you. Two things: First, she has scruples because she didn't try to hook up with you during her divorce, and second, I think this is one of those rare opportunities that crosses your path and I think you'd be crazy not to take up her offer to venture out to that park. Again, I'm not religious, but you know, this could be what God has next for her. What are the chances that you'd message her right when she got off the phone with her divorce lawyer? I don't have an answer to that, but this seems like an opportunity of a lifetime and the FWB isn't really doing it for you (my assumption).

Go for it.