DING DING DING! We have a winner in the best lame excuse of the week. Student doesn't show up for class yesterday afternoon at 3:30. Student appears to be fairly conscientious, comes to class, does the work, participates, has missed a couple of classes, but has always reached out when they missed to inquire about make-ups immediately after missing, not weeks or months later...seems responsible. Anyway, misses class at 3:30. At 10:00 last night, sends me an e-mail that says that they "forgot what day it was" and went to tutoring instead of coming to class. Huh? Seriously? I'm supposed to buy that crap?

SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad it is Friday and the last day of classes. I'm holing up in my office today and grading final projects and entering grades in the system. Finals begin Monday and students will be wanting to make stuff up and they will not be able to so whatever grade they see Monday when they log in is what they have. Too bad, so sad...should've done the work on time.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend at home. We really need to try and finish getting unpacked/organized this weekend so that we can finally have our house together. I'm ready! I also need to find my wedding planning notebook so we can see what is left to be done besides cake, food and flowers. I can't believe it is less than a month out. I'm excited and scared sh!tless at the same time.

Me 50, H51
3 adult daughters from XH's first marriage (plus 4 grandkids)
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
1 adult daughter and bonus daughter-in-law from current H's first marriage