Why does the first day back to work after a break always leave me shaking my head? Seriously..... This is totally one of those "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job...." days. I'm so over giving easy assignments and still being blown off, but I guess when they get C's and D's on their final project because they didn't follow simple directions...well, they still won't care, but I'll have done what I said I was going to do. Ugh. Honestly, if I blew off instructions and deadlines the way these students do, I wouldn't still be employed.

Anyway, my break was great and I was so glad to have the down time. We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family Wednesday evening. Thursday we got up and went to town for breakfast and to pick up a few things and then back home to just hang out, chill, relax, watch movies. Friday was spent unpacking boxes, breaking down empty boxes, addressing wedding invitations. Saturday, I worked on organizing while Sparky traveled to Texas to pick up his mom from her week with her sister. Sunday, more hanging out at home relaxing and getting some work done too. It was a nice, quiet time.

This week, the rush is back on with lots to do, but it is the last week of class so at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm already for December to be over so we can get this wedding knocked out. LOL Hopefully at some point, our lives will settle into a pattern of normalcy. I'm not sure who the crazy fool was who thought getting married during the holiday season was a good idea, but I should whip her!

Back to the grind, my friends...no rest for the weary.

Me 50, H51
3 adult daughters from XH's first marriage (plus 4 grandkids)
Divorce final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
1 adult daughter and bonus daughter-in-law from current H's first marriage